Poll: To what extend does anyone want to discuss in the Pokemon Sun & Moon News / Timeline thread?
This poll is closed.
Complete discussion with spoilers
80.00%
32 80.00%
Complete discussion without "early copy" / leaked Information not "Corocoro"
10.00%
4 10.00%
Discussion without any spoilers
10.00%
4 10.00%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Pokemon Sun & Moon News Thread (Will Contain Pre-Launch Spoilers)
Found eet
https://twitter.com/fairplaystudios/stat...4813532161
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
(May 6, 2016, 01:13 PM)Johnnyspyguy Wrote: I have a theory. You guys know how there will be a mechanical kingdom in that Volcanion movie. It's Magerna's home. Magerna is a 7th gen Pokemon. Is it possible that there might be a mechanical kingdom in Sun and Moon?

Looks like we're not getting that mechanical kingdom after all, it doesn't seem to fit in the Hawaii theme. It's a shame, itwould have been a very interesting place to explore. I'm not surprised though, there is usually little in common between the movies and the games.
But who knows? Maybe on another island. Imo the map we saw looks like a small island rather than a whole region, there are barely one village and one city on it.

I'm so hyped for those games!
I was hoping for the return of the lead Pokémon following you but the realistic overworld is such a huge positive change that I can't complain.

Here are my hopes for Sun & Moon:

• Buff weak Pokémon (stats and/or movepool), it's a shame so many Pokémon are pretty much useless
  • Less/no reliance on HMs (new key items? unlockable field actions?)
  • Ability Capsule+ to get Hidden Abilities
  • Double/triple/rotation/inverse battles in some gyms
  • A solid story with mysteries that you get to understand in the post-game
  • Text chat (too shy to speak)
  • Version exclusive areas
Now for my full thoughts and opinions about these trailers we got from Sun and Moon. Honestly I thought the Japanese trailer was well presented to their main audience while showcasing the (potential) return of the Trainer Customization, the Alola Region, the Alola Starters, and even the legendary Pokemon just like from the XY trailer back in January 2013. Of all the details from this trailer, by far my favorite is we are finally getting real size proportion Pokemon-human sizes in the main series games and a realistic overworld that's not blocky or edged like in XYORAS. We didn't get to see the battle scenery or battle system yet (only a scene of the starter battle), I think we'll get this in due time. People have told me their favorite starter character so far is the Grass/Flying Rowlet owl and while there's a few that prefer Litten or Popplio. Personally as in almost every generation (except Gen 5) I'd prefer the Fire-type Starter Litten, even though it most likely resembles something outta Yo-kai but I don't care since cats are awesome. Now the Legendary Pokemon. The Sun Lion Pokemon is the favorite of the two given how powerful and intimidating it looks right off the bat...k. Meanwhile we have this sorta Dreamcatcher Bat Pokemon which seems to resemble the night sky and even forms a circle with its wing-span to attack its targets. Design-wise, people can already infer what the Moon-Legendary Pokemon is based on the Dreamcatcher which is said to remove all the "negative dreams and thoughts" from the person. Will leave a description about what dreamcatchers are.

http://www.dream-catchers.org/dream-catcher-origin/
(May 11, 2016, 05:26 AM)Black117 Wrote: but I don't care since cats are awesome

I'm so with you on this one. I just hope the final evolution isn't bipedal. I don't know why but I kinda like it to maintain its felinity catness

(May 11, 2016, 05:26 AM)Black117 Wrote: said to remove all the "negative dreams and thoughts" from the person.

Perhaps the ability effects has connection with sleeping? like preventing mons from sleeping or, or preventing sleeping pokemons to be attacked, OR longer sleeping turns (please no)???

Kinda torn between wanting more info or to make everything a surprise
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

(May 10, 2016, 06:59 AM)squeab Wrote: Found eet
https://twitter.com/fairplaystudios/stat...4813532161

I doubt no more!
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

so a journeyer?

I don't know how legit this is (or if this should be even placed here)

But yesterday someone found the second type of the starter pokemons on the japanese website!

Apparently Rowlet will be grass/flying (which we knew already)
Litten will be fire/ground
and last but not least Popplio will be water/fighting
(Source with images: http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/263054...pes-leaked)

the last one makes me really curious though .. i can't see Popplio change into some poliwrath kind of pokemon but we will see I guess haha
(Oғғɪᴄɪᴀʟ) Lᴏʀᴅ Lᴀᴅʏ ᴇᴇᴠᴇᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍ.

﹟TᴇᴀᴍFᴏʀᴜᴍ ₄ ʟᴀɪғᴜ (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤
Accelixio#2187 @ Overwatch

Achievement unlocked: First place in a sub-tourney//08-08-2015

Kinda forgot about bringing this up later. Apparently Corocoro released a video pretty much the same as the international trailer, except there's a short 1-2 second screentime of an apparant new Pokemon

[Image: CiWJGASXEAA66XV.jpg]

At first, I thought this was an Eevee from behind but the tail looks a bit curled up somewhat like a dog. Best possible guess on what this Pokemon can be is a Normal-type Pokemon likely the one anyone find early in the routes.

Edit: Yeah I've seen people post that 4chan board concerning the leak starters's typing. Not surprised about the Grass Owl, but the other two are interesting. Fire/Ground is somewhat of a good offensive typing, though the x4 weakness to Water-types and regular weakness to Ground-types are going to be somewhat annoying. Water/Fighting-type is honestly the better the three dual typing and should have been the case for Oshowatt and its evolution back in Gen 5. For now, I think the leak or the supposed data mine of the Pokemon site is around the grey line are but leaning false for me. Game Freak can still throw a curve ball at us anytime soon with the starter typing such as when we learned about Rowlet's duel Grass-/Flying-type.

On one final note, anyone can post any information, rumor, or speculation here since that's basically what going to keep the discussion going until we get our next batch of news this June. I'd only was strict about the amount of speculation here since I didn't want to have the thread filled with potential new Pokemon or art work of fake mons, which on the latter is ok, but I'd rather not have an excess of this. Funny enough, the leak for the Japanese Alola starter names were real after all so chances are Solgaleo and Lunaala are going to be the names of the legends... at least for Japan.
ground fire darn it same typing as groudon. man oh man I'm excited. the two types then both have 4x weakness so popplio ftw?
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

so a journeyer?

Am I the only one concerned about how this game will play? From the trailers it appears to be in full 3d... which means no more isometric view. It just seems out of place to me.
If the leaks are correct, I think we missed a great opportunity to get a unique Fire/Poison typing for Litten. Look at the official description (flammable oils on Litten's body) and the alchemic symbol of sulfur on its head (a chemical/poison!).