Poll: To what extend does anyone want to discuss in the Pokemon Sun & Moon News / Timeline thread?
This poll is closed.
Complete discussion with spoilers
80.00%
32 80.00%
Complete discussion without "early copy" / leaked Information not "Corocoro"
10.00%
4 10.00%
Discussion without any spoilers
10.00%
4 10.00%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Pokemon Sun & Moon News Thread (Will Contain Pre-Launch Spoilers)
Its been awhile since Corocoro Magazine actually released some "decent-to-moderate" news concerning any information from Pokemon Sun and Moon, instead of promising new sections. Honestly, I'd rather have Pokemon, TPCi, Game Freak, Nintendo, heck even some of the developers like Junichi Masuda release or update the general Pokemon community with any info, instead of looking at shoddy images of "eventually" real stuff. That's just my opinion about Corocoro in general, considering news spreads like wildfire with social media, especially when it comes to new Pokemon being revealed. Enough of that, today we got some new Pokemon from a Corocoro Magazine leak as well as some information about the Japanese distribution of Magearna in Sun and Moon. All of this information comes from Serebii/PokeBeach/PokeJungle, which they usually can confirm the information with their sources. Let's get to the big reveals.

NEW POKEMON REVEALED!

[Image: corocoro7161th.jpg][Image: 267x200xIwanko-2-267x200.jpg.pagespeed.i...Usrj-.webp]
(Images/Source Material from Serebii and PokeBeach)

Around late Friday or early Saturday morning, images revealing two brand new Pokemon were posted on twitter, to which fans speculated whether or not the legitimacy of these images. Eventually Serebii and the rest of the News Sites followed to confirm these are official Corocoro images, and thus confirming these Pokemon will appear in the games. Given that we probably won't have any word on their official localized names soon, I'm going to refer to them based on their Japanese names.

To the left is the Half Awake Pokemon based on a Koala named Nekkoala (the one holding the tree), a Normal-type, and with a new ability Definite Sleep. This ability is rather quite interesting to say the least as the only Status-Inducing ailment Nekkoala can be hit with is sleep. This could potentially mean any other status afflictions like burn, paralysis, freeze, and Poisoned/Badly Poison which is really powerful, especially if Nekkoala is given the right move combinations, stat distributions, etc. From a desing perspective Nekkoala has grown on me, though this is likely because I really wanted a Koala-based Pokemon for a long time now. Hopefully Nekkoala becomes a good teammember and maybe a good mon for single/double battles. 

To the right is a Pokemon we actually seen awhile ago from a Corocoro video showcasing Pokemon Sun and Moon where there was a slight frame showing the back of the mammalian-looking creature. Today we got official confirmation this Pokemon is based on a dog/puppy named Iwanko in Japan with a pure Rock-typing. The regular abilities for the Puppy Pokemon Iwanko have been confirmed to be Keen Eye and Vital Spirit. What's interesting about this Pokemon is its possible Iwanko might be an early game Rock-type Pokemon like in Gold/Silver (HG/SS)/DPPT where players can get Geodude/Onix before the first potential Gym Badge. It's even more strange to me to see a Puppy-based Pokemon be clasified as a Rock-type Pokemon, though I really like the design of Iwanko

Both of these Pokemon are honestly well-designed and shows the developers are taking the extra time to add attention to details. Take Nekkoala for instance. Normally koalas and other similar species are associated with sleeping near trees and even the new ability, Definite Sleep. There are more images showcasing Iwanko being playful and aggressive with some rocks around its collar. Honestly like these Pokemon's designs to the point where I'd actually would consider using them when I play Sun/Moon for the first time.

One last thing I'll mention is Corocoro apparently hinted that Iwanko as well as the Alola Starters (Rowlet, Litten, Popplio) are hiding a "secret" of sorts. This might hint towards a potential form changes for these four Pokemon's final evolutions, but only time will tell.

Japanese Magearna Distribution
[Image: JULY-2016-COROCORO-6-225x300.jpg]
(Image/Source Material from PokeJungle)
Apparently the way to obtain Magearna is attending the Japanese release of the latest Pokemon Movie. From there, all attendants will receive a disk of Pokemon Ga Ole disk (a arcade-based game) at respective movie theaters. The game will have a QR code so players can scan it and receive the Steel-Fairy Magearna into their games. The event Magearna will be level 50 with the following moveset (including a brand new one): Fleur Cannon, Flash Cannon, Lucky Chant, and Helping Hand. Magearna also comes with a brand new ability called Soul Heart which people haven't yet confirmed what it does...yet  According to PokeJungle, Soul Heart is almost like a "special" Moxie as every time a Pokemon faints, Magearna will receive a Special Attack increase, making it into a powerful special sweeper. Again this information regarding Soul Heart is yet to be confirmed, however I'll change make edits as soon we get official confirmation on the abilities and for the English localization of the two new Pokemon. 

That's all the news we have so far so discuss down below your own thoughts regarding these brand-new Pokemon and Magearna's Ability Soul Heart down below. Just a quick reminder that E3 will showcase Pokemon Sun and Moon so there's potential for new information revealed around that time.

LATE UPDATE (June 13th): Zygarde Forms Confirmed for Sun and Moon Via Showcase
[Image: zygardecomplete.png]
OK PAUSE GAME FREAK! Yes I know I'm late to the this major news, but never got time to update the timeline until recently. By now, we all heard about the Zygarde getting new forms, but never got any attention aside from the Pokemon anime. Well during the Taiwanese VGC National Championships, Game Director himself Junichi Masuda showed off both Zygarde 10% forme and even the big one, Zygarde 100% Perfect Form in the upcoming Pokemon Sun and Moon games. I'd learn about the news just when I was about to head to work, then on twitter there were multiple posts with even video of these two Pokemon in-game. At first, I thought people were showing off a hack with Zygardes (since I've seen people hack Zygarde "dog" into the ORAS games), but as soon as more tweets with videos came about, then it started to click that these were genuine, especially the one showing Junichi Masuda. 

Regarding the video, Zygarde 10% Form used both Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves just to reveal this form can learn the moves, though it is unclear if "normal "Zygarde 50%, or Zygard 100% form can learn these exclusive moves. For those who don't know what these two attacks are, Thousand Arrows is a base 90 Ground-type attack which hits all Pokemon, even Flying-type, Levitate users, Pokemon with Air Ballon, etc. Thousand Waves has the same base power 90, but it traps the opponent into the battlefield similar to moves like Spider Web or Mean Look. During a battle between a Garchomp, Zygarde 10% form lived a STAB Dragon Claw (which is actually an impressive feat), and then suddenly its ability "Swarm Change" activated. Though we don't know much about Swarm Change, the most important point from it shown in the videos were its can allow Zygarde 10% form to form change and turn into the powerful Zygarde 100% Complete form. Think of this like Zen Mode Darmanitan, except if Zygarde 10% form can live the hit, it can become Zygarde 100% form and actually regains HP back. Zygarde Complete form showsoff its "newest exclusive move", Core Punisher which based on the trailer is a Dragon-type attack (unless is Ice or Fairy-type for some weird reason). 

Again we don't know much about how these forms will play in the greater scheme of things, especially from the story to how they fair in competitive play. Already I can tell based on the "huge" increase in HP that Zygarde Complete Form will have a base HP stat of around 180 to 227, already within the highest in the game, only suppassed by Chansey/Blissey. If Zygarde's HP stat get a massive buff along with its other Stats, not to mention if it can retain the form, or even keep held items, chances are it will be the most powerful Pokemon in the game. To end this update, I'll leave a brief reminder that E3 is only a day away now, and there will be potentially New Pokemon Sun and Moon gameplay around the June 14th, at 6:00 AM PST / 9:00 AM EST. I'll have the links to all the Zygarde Videos: the original one from the Taiwanese VGC National Championships, two Japanese trailers (showcasing the HP stats and Music), and the international trailer. 

Taiwanese VGC Nats Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc6Bd4WTvL4
Japanese Video 1 (Zygarde 10% Form): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7cW0F4JMsc
Japanese Video 2 (Zygarde Complete Form): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeZ_8s_kWXg
International Trailer:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDTKAX-UcQs
Hey @Black117 good work as always. have you seen the video about zygarde forms. Looks cool, I only saw it in fb though
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

Yeah forgot to update (was painting and IRL stuff), though I should have done it earlier since it was the most "major" news we got all this past couple months now. With basically the Zygarde forms being confirmed for Sun/Moon, I don't know how they'll play a role into the actual story, or maybe they are side quests event Legendary Pokemon. Definitely the most interesting thing about this all is how exactly to "activate" Zygarde 100% form. That's something we'll definitely learn from at the later stages, or maybe when the games launch. If Zygarde 100% can use its form without having the HP restriction, I think it will be a deadly Pokemon definitely on par, or even beyond Mega Rayquaza.

I will update the post and have a message indicating the Zygarde forms by this morning or later Monday.
Awesome info thanks!
Finally a Koala Pokémon! I'm definitely using this one in Sun/Moon. The dog's cute too.
Now I'm hoping for a Hummingbird Pokémon...
Alright guys we got some new E3 Sun and Moon info so I'll leave a link from Serebii so you all can see the information. Later today, I'll do a review of the news in an edited post.

http://www.serebii.net/news/2016/14-June-2016.shtml
That koala pokemon looks amazing. Can't wait to see it in shiny form.
I tend to give away free shinies.
I posted that in an other thread last week:

on the japanese page for Pokemon Sun and Moon, where the starters types were detailed, the images for the types were named icon1 (Grass), icon2 (Flying), icon4 (Fire) and icon5 (Water). But 2 more images were uploaded but not shown, icon3 (Ground) and icon6 (Fighting).

So, if we follow the number logic, Popplio could become Water/Fighting when evolving, and Litten Fire/Ground. But the thing is, 3 comes before 4, so I guess it could be Rowlet losing his Flying type to become Grass/Ground, meaning Litten would stay Fire only.

this is pure speculation tho.
(Jun 14, 2016, 11:22 AM)Apo Wrote: I posted that in an other thread last week:

on the japanese page for Pokemon Sun and Moon, where the starters types were detailed, the images for the types were named icon1 (Grass), icon2 (Flying), icon4 (Fire) and icon5 (Water). But 2 more images were uploaded but not shown, icon3 (Ground) and icon6 (Fighting).

So, if we follow the number logic, Popplio could become Water/Fighting when evolving, and Litten Fire/Ground. But the thing is, 3 comes before 4, so I guess it could be Rowlet losing his Flying type to become Grass/Ground, meaning Litten would stay Fire only.

this is pure speculation tho.

In the E3 Popplio is shown to learn the move Dissarming Voice so it would seem odd if it became a fighting type
(Jun 14, 2016, 11:35 AM)Aqwell Wrote: In the E3 Popplio is shown to learn the move Dissarming Voice so it would seem odd if it became a fighting type

well as an example, Meowstic is Psychic, with 48 Atk and 83 S.Atk, and can still learn Sucker Punch which is Physical and Dark type :P