Poll: To what extend does anyone want to discuss in the Pokemon Sun & Moon News / Timeline thread?
This poll is closed.
Complete discussion with spoilers
80.00%
32 80.00%
Complete discussion without "early copy" / leaked Information not "Corocoro"
10.00%
4 10.00%
Discussion without any spoilers
10.00%
4 10.00%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Pokemon Sun & Moon News Thread (Will Contain Pre-Launch Spoilers)
(May 17, 2016, 03:24 PM)conqueror Wrote: If the leaks are correct, I think we missed a great opportunity to get a unique Fire/Poison typing for Litten. Look at the official description (flammable oils on Litten's body) and the alchemic symbol of sulfur on its head (a chemical/poison!).

Fire/Poison would be interesting indeed. Now I hope the leaks turn out to be wrong. Thanks for pointing that out.
Fire/Poison would of been hella cool. Hopefully there's still a chance.
The leaks have actually been corrected by the guy who leaked them. It's Ground/Grass, Fire, and Water/Fighting.
Apologies for not updating the post or making any updates concerning Pokemon Sun/Moon Information since my laptop has been rather unusable until good friends here helped me out. Enough of that I've wanted to wait awhile until we got maybe a patch of info to discuss and someone people here are already ahead of the curve and know what's been going on. I'll give my thoughts an opinions about the latest batch of news and speculations:

1) Pokenchi Screenshot of Battle/HP Bar/NPC Bystanders
[Image: sunmoonpokenchi.jpg]

Well we finally got information from Pokenchi this time around and likely we'll get only bits and bits of screenshots (maybe reveals) in the upcoming shows. As everyone sees the player is battling the rival with their starter Pokemon that's strongest against the potential Rival shown here. What made this newsworthy to cover is the HP Bar is shown off for the first time and potential NPC bystanders will watch on these battles. I guess the battles will correlate with the player surroundings and over world which is a nice touch to the game. If anything, I still want to see how the battles are performed instead one the starter matches from May 10th reveals. Again take note that Pokenchi won't showcase everything, rather just small teases at a time.

2) The Starter Typing Leaks:

Ok I'm not going talk too much about the potential final starter typings being Grass/Flying, Fire/Ground, and Water/Fighting though there has been heavy debate about this since Pdwinnall's video went online. Honestly, we are kinda jumping the gun on the typings without having some solid information aside from the images of the Japanese Fighting- and Ground-type logos being found on the Alola Starter's descriptions. For sure having a Grass/Flying, Water/Fighting, and Fire/Ground type final evolutions would be an excellent editions to the starter family since those are all unique and rare combinations. It bothers me a bit people are suggesting that the Rowlet will become Grass/Ground type in the end which I really don't see to be the case. Yes there are birds that live on the ground close to trees and other vegetation but seriously a part-Flying type Pokemon becoming a Ground-type seems off even by Pokemon standards. The only Pokemon I can think of who lose their Flying-type are Charizard X and Mega Altaria which both are Megas. Though its definitely going to be a twist if Grass/Ground is true.

As for the other two, Fire/Ground for Litten seems like a great offensive typing with the powerful Fire STABs and even STAB Earthquakes/Earth Powers if this becomes the case. The only Pokemon with this typing are the Camerupt line and Primal Groudon who are known for their hyper offense so chances are the Litten evo line will be either somewhat fast with mix capabilities. Then we have Water/Fighting for Poppleo which is a relatively rare typing only being shared by Poliwrath and Keldeo. Most of the Water-type starters have been shown to be rather based on combat (Blastiose with Cannons, Greninja being a Ninja, Samurott being a Samurai), so chances are relatively good for Poppleo to become Water/Fighting which I don't mind.  In all, I don't really care too much about the final typings aside from the fact I'll most definately follow the crowd and use the best competitively adept Pokemon even if it means using one of them (remember Greninja in early XY?).

3) Multiple Islands

[Image: alola.jpg]

Let's be honest here. Is the entire Alola region going to be based on one particular Hawaiian Island (Oahu), or will Game Freak have the player visit multiple islands as references in the description? On the former, no though the ladder yes. Recently Amazon updated the Pokemon Sun and Moon retail information, you know the box cover descriptions of the Pokemon and we get this one line that says, "Embark on a new adventure as a Pokemon Trainer and catch, battle, and trade all-new Pokemon on the tropical islands of a new Region and become a Pokemon Champion!". There are also 7 other main Hawaiian Islands in the real world so chances are we will be visiting most of them with some specific to a couple gyms and others housing the Pokemon League, the legendaries, and the postgame.

4) Mark your Calendars! June 2th (Thursday) New Pokemon Sun and Moon Info!

Recently the Japanese Pokemon Company posted a tweet saying there's going to be new information concerning the games so potential new Pokemon reveals, the official names/typings of the legendaries, or something else we don't know about. Just remember June 2th is when new Sun/Moon info and discussions will light up for sure.
(May 18, 2016, 04:04 PM)Vohras Wrote: The leaks have actually been corrected by the guy who leaked them. It's Ground/Grass, Fire, and Water/Fighting.
Very unlikely to get Grass/Ground evolution for Rowlet! Never before a pokemon dropped any of its typing through normal evolution (except megas of course) to replace it with something else. I'm 100% sure that Rowlet will remain Grass/Flying. Like Bulbasaur, which was Grass/Poison from the start. Why to lose STAB for the flying moves which would have already learnt before the final evolution? It never happened before.

So, my hopes that the "leaks" are false going up now  :P
(May 20, 2016, 03:08 PM)conqueror Wrote:
(May 18, 2016, 04:04 PM)Vohras Wrote: The leaks have actually been corrected by the guy who leaked them. It's Ground/Grass, Fire, and Water/Fighting.
Very unlikely to get Grass/Ground evolution for Rowlet! Never before a pokemon dropped any of its typing through normal evolution (except megas of course) to replace it with something else. I'm 100% sure that Rowlet will remain Grass/Flying. Like Bulbasaur, which was Grass/Poison from the start. Why to lose STAB for the flying moves which would have already learnt before the final evolution? It never happened before.

Surskit
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
(May 21, 2016, 11:48 PM)squeab Wrote:

Surskit
Good catch!

Surskit, Swablu, Skorupi, Fletchling, and Skrelp.

As for a Ground/Grass type owl, I could see this being an inspiration:

This
This is just a reminder that next Thursday June 3rd, we will be getting more exclusive Pokemon Sun and Moon press release news from TPCi and the TPC Japan. What information we'll be getting from this time we don't know, but anyone can discuss what the potential news can be down below. I forgot the exact time they'll release the information, but I believe it will be early in the morning at least for people in the US similar to what happen last May 10th. Likewise I'll give any update posts if any potential "credible leaks" occur.
*Note: For now on, I'll be posting major Pokemon Sun & Moon News on individual posts, however I'll for sure leave a link to each news/event on the start of the pages (well the first 2 posts). This is sorta a "compromise" for those who don't want to see every press released information, those who don't want to review the information in one page which is a legit criticism, and to keep all the information simplified. What worried me about making this timeline is I can't give out my own thoughts/opinions not just relaying any information from either Serebii, the main Pokemon site, etc. These changes were made to conserve as much space for the timeline as possible up until we get to the launch day. Of course, clicking this page means you are going to see Sun and Moon spoilers so don't bother complaining on that aspect. Without further ado, here's the new trailer for Pokemon Sun and Moon (International).

New Pokemon Sun and Moon Trailer

Information and Review

The Sun and Moon Legendary Pokemon

Today, TPCi released new footage showcasing the two new Legendary "box cover" Pokemon as well as revealing their names, abilities, typings, signature moves, and a brief description of their lore. First we'll start off with the Sun Legendary Pokemon, Solgaleo (named was hinted by the trademark leaks around April), to everyone's surprise (myself included) is a Psychic-/Steel-type. The main ability for the Solgaleo was revealed as "Full Metal Body", which is shown off as Clear Body given the trailer depicts a Salamence's Intimidate ability nullified by this. Sunsteel Strike is the signature move for Solgaleo and based on the information page is like a built in "Mold Breaker" which ignores abilities. One last note about Solgaleo is when it used SunSteel Strike against Salamence, it was depicted as a "neutral" attack, however chances are the move itself is a likely either Psychic- or Steel-type given the Sun legendary's typing. Now we'll get to move on to the Moon Legendary Pokemon, Lunala (funny enough "off" by one "a" from the trademark, maybe there another used), with a Psychic-/Ghost-typing. The main ability for Lunala was said to be "Shadow Shield", which is speculated to behave like the "Multiscale" ability found on the HA Dragonite / Lugias. Likewise, Lunala's signature move is showcase and revealed as "Moongeist Beam", and like Sunsteel Strike from Sogaleo, this attack can ignore abilties as well. We don't know the typing for Moongeist Beam other than the fact was used against a 0 HP IV Gengar and it was super effective. Then again, either Psychic or Ghost can do super effective damage to the Gengar and given the these are legends, Lunala can easily one shot something as frail as a Gengar. All of this information can be found on the main Pokemon Sun and Moon site.

Before I go on to the other newsworthy events, we do gets "moderate" confimation that Pokemon Sun and Moon will be using the same 3D models from XY / ORAS, well maybe for at least Salamence or Gengar though we can assume the sprites models are the same. We do get to see the Pokemon background battelfield more refurbished, the abilities screens shown (from the Sogaleo segment), and how the HP Bar looks as it drops to zero. Well I know it was small bits of info, though some competitive players have already speculated Solgaleo's HP stat is going to be rather "high" for an uber given it was at 212 total HP assuming no randomized EVs/IVs. Also on a final note, both Gengar and Salamence were shown with a minimum HP IV stat of 0 given both 155 and 120 are the absolute lowest to get again assuming no EVs/IVs are in play. Honestly, this was likely to showcase the signature moves of these two legendary Pokemon since it would be a rather weird marketing move to not have Sunsteel Strike or Moongeist Beam not OHKO a Mence, or even Gengar given how frail it is. I won't too much the potential viability of the these Legendary Pokemon given we still don't have much to discuss about or even the rest of the Alola Pokemon.

The Alola Region and the Characters
 [Image: alolamap.jpg]
For full information on the Alola Region and the Characters, visit here.

After getting the small glimpse of "starting" island, we finally get to see the full view of the Alola Region and honestly its well-made and showcased the different environments the player is going to visit. Based on the site information, there are about 4 major island for the Alola Region like Hawaii and other smaller islands such as the artificial one in the center, the top-right one on the northeast, and the many smaller islands near the main ones. There is an emphasis on shipyards and sailboats traversing the seas. One major implication I noticed no one has sorta called out sailing via boat from island to island instead of actually surfing from Island. This slight theory of my can be support by how there are rock formations as in any Pokemon game preventing the player from going from beyond what's possible in-game. Maybe the player can surf across the smaller neighboring islands, but they will need to travel via boat to each one of the Alola Islands until they get the HM Fly. Either way, the region looks well made, and I've "yet" to study the map in-depth.

The full artwork for the main protagonist, where shown in full detail as well as revealing/confirming some old news. The protagonist's gender and skin color can be changed to reflect how the players want it. Still no "full confirmation" of character customization but maybe next time. Based on the description from the site, the main storyline for the male/femal character is they've just moved into the Alola region and that their adventure begins as soon as they get situated there. There's full confirmation that "Professor Kukui" (not other Hala NPC), will be the regional Professor for Alola. The only other information know is he lives near the player (likely the starting town) and researches in Pokemon moves/attacks to the point he himself has taken them directly.  The "rival" character name is Hua and he gets acquainted with the main protagonist rather quickly likely meeting them the first time.

The last character revealed in the trailer is "Lillie" and is actually based on the "female NPC" seen from a concept art image from the first reveal of Pokemon Sun and Moon. All that we know about Lillie is she's is the professor's assistant for personal reasons (likely related to the plot), about the same age as the main character, and has dislike towards Pokemon battling. One thing to note from the TCPi site is they specifically mentioned Lillie has an "important role" to play in the upcoming games and as an assistant should is rather studious. Maybe Lillie knows something about either the legends, something related to the plot, or maybe unlocking Mega Evolution for the player.

Before moving on, we dont't get to see it as well for the female, however the male character seems to have a bracelet similar to the Mega Evolution items from XY/ORAS. The only
difference is both the characters have a gold and blue diamond gemstone on their bracelet/ring and it also matches the one seen on the Japanese Logos for Sun and Moon. Maybe we'll get a new form change similar to Mega Evolution while still performing the former, who knows.

The Rotom Pokedex and DEX QR Codes
[Image: pr-rdex.jpg]

In an unprecedented move by Pokemon themselves, the Alola Pokedex will literally be a new Rotom form who guides the player in their adventure. This Rotom-Dex is essentially a Pokedex with its own personality given by Professor Kukui himself to assist the player in their travels. Aside from recording information like any other Pokedex, Rotom-Dex or Rotom Pokedex (whoever you like to refer it) serves as a town map, their current/destined locations (maybe for the storyline), and where specific Pokemon are found on the grass (kinda like the DexNav). The most important question people have been speculating is if this Rotom-Dex is actually "usable" in battle, which would be a rather cool edition to have. This does leave some unanswered questions, likes if Professor Kukui or if the player will find this Rotom and use it early on in-game. Regardless, I do like the aesthetic  design choice TCPi/Game Freak are going with this new Pokedex so we'll see how engaging Rotom-Dex is in the near future.

On last major news we got from the trailer is players can now use QR codes to scan Pokemon information into their Pokedex, sorta like how they see a Pokemon the first time in the wild, or when an NPC shows a pic of a legend. Before everyone goes on about "downloading" Pokemon from QR codes, no this is only for the Pokedex only. Basically the QR scanner allows the person to get info for a Pokemon such as the location where they can be found from the wild. Here's is where I can see the confusion. The final statemant about the QR scanner is players can share Pokedex information with each other, though "how far" this will go from getting the info + habitat to getting the full registration like when anyone captures/trades a new Pokemon remains to be seen.

More Japanese Trailers

Following the release of the International trailer for Pokemon Sun and Moon, we also got new trailers, in fact 8 short trailers featuring most of the things we've already notice or have picked apart, however in these 8 trailers there are some new footage of gameplay to take notice like a good view of a Pokemon Center. I looked through all 8 trailers and honestly aside new footage there isn't much. I've linked all the trailers down in a spoiler box below (also correct me if these urls don't feature what they intend).

More Pokemon Sun and Moon Information/Footage via Nintendo Treehouse at E3

Again mark your calendars, both the Official Japanese Pokemon twitter and Nintendo confirmed there will more footage and maybe new information for the upcoming games on Nintendo Treehouse starting June 14th at 9:00 pm pacific. Considering Nintendo was thought to only showcase the upcoming Zelda Wii U and NX game, I think maybe there will be more game showcased not just these two alone. If there's any other information and mistakes I've made reporting this I'll be back to make these changes. This page has also been being constantly updated given my laptop might hang/freeze at random moments to where I could lose my progress. Again I'll attempt to relay the information for everyone from the forums as best as possible so until then, comment down below your thoughts on today's news.