Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Shiny Journal!
@KenPhoenixx Nice dude!! 

@Hatonacat Haha thanks, I try to get homework done as soon as possible so I can hunt for shinies ^ o ^ Most days I don't have too much time though because I have to go to the gym, but that's what the weekends are for!! Right now I'm almost done collecting a few pokemon I've already caught so I can have a themed shiny giveaway :D
Found a shiny? Talk about it here!!
If it counts:
I found a shiny Pokemon of the day sprite when i clicked on this thread.
Well, apart from GTS and Miracle Exchange, or given pokemons in game (remember Gyarados ? :D ), I never tried to or was lucky enough to find one randomly.
So, my very first hunt was thanks to NexDav, two years ago, after meeting 183 Happiny, the next one was THE one  Rolleyes .
Next year (yeah I was busy),  Two Ralts / 421.
2015 => 15 shinies (NexDav, mostly fishing, real luck in FS (Skarmory and Grumpig, wasn't even trying, first try), one lucky random grass, and 1880 SR for Latios (my first and last attempting for SR ^^))
So before, September 2016, I've "only" caught 16 shinies.
+14 in September.
+36 this month  :D

Currently hunting Camerupt and Sandshrew in a Friend Safari, 555 tries, nothing....
@mario2750 Definitely!! Nice!

@Huntaari Amazing, dude!! I haven't had much success with dexnaving so I mostly do SRing in ORAS, but I do a lot of different shiny hunting methods in XY like chain fishing, friend safari, hordes, and pokeradar! I've gotten 35 so far this month and 16 last month (not counting repeats or giveaway pokemon)!

I used to do a LOT of shiny hunting back in like 2014 (which is how I eventually got the shiny charm, through trading almost all my shinies away), and stopped for a LONG time before coming back to playing! I'm glad I did, pokemon has such a great community and it's always glad to meet with more shiny hunters and watch people stream shiny hunts! ^ o ^

Good luck with your hunt, friend safari is fickle for me. I either get a shiny in about 100 encounters or around 900, it's rough sometimes XD
Scored a Shiny foongus IN 2 HE YEsterday my shortest horde hunt i couldnt believe it 2 !?

then about 30 mins after i got home from exam tonight this happens: Smile
Scored shiny Skorupi in 78 HE 
and a Shiny Vanillitte in 38 HE 

all in a 2 Hr span

never had any luck with hordes so im currently having a heart attack ...... 

Update: 1 hr later 56HE Shiny Geodude ........  stopped after 2 HE to go and grab it so i was ready with telekenesis just incase ... caught it .... 
Update 45 mins later 42 HE Shiny Yanma ....What ?

this is unreal im honestly in denial all of my hunts take days.... 

May the shiny odds be ever in your favor
Check out my Shiny Journal to share you own shiny adventures 
and see my new shiny pokemon!
@Confide : We got similar stats for these two months ^^
Well, the best methods working so far for me are : 
Fishing > Horde >> DexNav >> Friend Safari >> and the rest...

And little update :
Sandshrew => 772 FS
Camerupt  => 1222 FS (or 450 later)
And I had my finger on the runaway button before looking at the Shiny...  Angel  Fortunately, I didn't release it. :D
About 3 weeks ago, i found a Random enounter shiny snubbul. In the event of me tryoing to lower its health, I got a critical and killed it. That was my first shiny I ever found in a pokemon game. RIP Shiny Snubbul
@Huntaari Yep!! Finally got shiny latios and a shiny fletchinder last night, was so hyped latios was definitely over a 3k SR, i was starting to lose hope... But now I  finally have my precious light blue baby and his golden sister!! I personally like PR -> SR -> CF -> FS -> everything else, it's just difficult to find good radar spots in XY :0

@TheGamerDoug It happens, I've fainted quite a few shinies it sucks so bad XD the first shiny I ever found I turned off the game for because I thought it was a glitch LOL
(Oct 29, 2016, 10:26 AM)Confide Wrote: @Huntaari Yep!! Finally got shiny latios and a shiny fletchinder last night, was so hyped latios was definitely over a 3k SR, i was starting to lose hope... But now I  finally have my precious light blue baby and his golden sister!! I personally like PR -> SR -> CF -> FS -> everything else, it's just difficult to find good radar spots in XY :0

@TheGamerDoug It happens, I've fainted quite a few shinies it sucks so bad XD the first shiny I ever found I turned off the game for because I thought it was a glitch LOL

Just out of interest, what shiny method do you think is best? I have been preparing for masuda on Pkmn X and been playing OS to get those shinies.
@TheGamerDoug Personally I like pokeradar and soft resetting best, with friend safari being tied with chain fishing. Pokeradar isn't too easy though and takes a couple of shinies to really get the hang of (and a LOT of broken chains lol). Horde hunting is pretty good too, I'm just SUPER impatient when it comes to hordes and masuda method. Pokeradar and soft resetting are just so rewarding in my opinion, seeing the shiny patch and seeing the legendary FINALLY shine.