Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] What are everyone's favorite DS games?
I have to say I have always been a handheld console gamer and by far my favorite console was the original DS. Even now being a budget gamer I have to say I mostly buy for the DS because of it's great library and compatibility with all 3DS systems. So similar to the awesome thread I wanted to make one for everyone's favorite DS games.

I loved 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors it's my favorite game on the DS. It's a visual mystery novel and I would only recommend it to people who like walls of text that tell a great story. I hear Phoenix Wright are a comedy spin on the visual novel game but haven't played them. Also Ghost Trick Phantom Detective is also supposed to be very well made but I haven't got to playing my copy.

The amount of good JRPGs this system has is also amazing. I really enjoyed the Etrian Odyssey series of games, it combines map making using the touch screen with a really challenging RPG. The World Ends With You is also really good and seems to be everyone's favorite. Sands of Destruction is a great RPG made by the people who did some of the Phantasy Star games. Phantasy Star Zero is more of an action RPG but is very similar to Phantasy Star Online if you liked it. Radiant Historia is a really fun time traveling RPG. Lost in Blue seems to be a hit or miss with people but I personally liked it action survival based RPG. Golden Sun Dark Dawn was a great add on to the GBA series but was kinda easy and story heavy but I didn't mind the excessive text and the puzzle elements were cool. Fossil Fighters at least the original was a really cool creature capture RPG game. I personally loved  the Digimon Series on the DS and I consider it enough apart from Pokemon to be its own style of game. Lastly I will say what I have typed is just scratching the surface of RPGs on this system.

There are plenty of fun arcade based racing games like Asphalt Series, Need for Speed series, and TrackMania series as long as you don't mind the aged graphics. For kart racing games besides the fun Mario Kart DS there is also Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing and a remake of First Kong Racing.

The DS also has lots of great platformers like Boing! Docomodake, Castlevania Series, Kirby Series (Super Star Ultra being my favorite), Mario Series, Sonic Series (Not to be confused with the bad Sonic games), The Legendary Starfy, Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble!, and Wario Masters of Diguse.

I could probably post more games but I am drawing a blank now in remembering them. All in all I have to say the DS is a system I have been playing since it's release in 2004 and will continue to keep playing because of it's huge library and affordability. Anyone else have another favorite game I didn't list?
Pokemon Kappa

No seriously, only DS games I have are Pokemon X, Omega Ruby and Sun. Play all of my other games on the PC.
#LillieDefenseSquad
Pokemon and Nintendo Classics such as Zelda OOT remake for 3ds , Donkey Kong , Pokemon, ... umm more pokemon?? :D
Check out my Shiny Journal to share you own shiny adventures 
and see my new shiny pokemon!
Well...

Pokemon, Duh.
Zelda Spirit Tracks was also great.
I didn't play much else... Undecided
Besides Pokemon, I only play Animal Crossing.
@geetry 
There was a Animal Crossing on DS I don't know if your interested but it's there I heard harvest moon and fantasy life are both like Animal Crossing if your interested too.
Nintendogs.

The one with the lab on the cover, and Shiba Inu's.
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
The Pokemon Series has been a big part of my DS favorites. I also play the Legend of Zelda series (Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Ocarina of Time, and Link Between Two Worlds) and the Megaman Starforce series too!
I loved the Ace Attorney series!

Aside from those I'm like everyone: Pokemon of course, Zelda, Animal Crossing, etc.
Oh and the Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side games were also a guilty pleasure of mine. *cough*
Check out my current breedject giveaway!

My mons are all bred in-game. I don't gen or clone, and I check the parents' history whenever possible.
Besides the Pokemon games, I really love the Professor layton series! Also Fire Emblem Awakening and FE: Conquest. Those two FE games were the first ones i played in the series, so I'm really interested in playing the older ones!