Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Japanese Global Link Annoucement
I found out about this from serebii but just spreading the word.

"The Japanese Pokémon Global Link has put out an update regarding stricter hack checks that are to come to the game. If you have been caught with a modified save file or modified Pokémon, then you will be unable to participate in Rating Battles or in Battle Competitions. If you are caught having done this multiple times, you are to be hit with stronger consequences beyond blocking from Rating Battles, which have not been detailed, without any warning. Those who have already been confirmed to have done this will have consequences enacted soon. This follows recent instances of save data loss for innocent players after they have encounter certain people with modified data."

This presumably means that they are soon to be checking save files and toughening up the battle spot checks i highly doubt this will catch 100% legitimate gened pokemon but if you have powersaved on the game card you use or use a pokemon that was previously un-detected such as dream ball aegislash hp fighting cresselia etc there's a chance you will soon be caught if you try to use them. My advice is if you powersave use a game card you haven't powersaved on when you play online (regardless of what you powersaved) at least until people find out what triggers the new system. Since this was done in response to legitimate players being hurt by corrupt data i highly doubt that legitimate data will be affected regardless of whether it was genned or obtained legitimately but this is just a heads up to those of you that do use software that edits pokemon/save data you might want to be cautious over the next couple of months.
Evilsabre
Winning a Pokemon battle is not so much about being a step ahead of your opponent but rather being 2 steps behind them
I think this new hack check has already been implemented...

Yeah I was about to post something similar since someone I know came across an issue with their battle spot/pgl account which may be related to this. Basically their Battle Spot account info like the amount of battles they had for this season as well as their rating was erased and I can't even find their rating (they were sitting at the mid 1800s) while checking online myself. Essentially he/she can still battle, but their rating won't appear on the actual Pokemon Global Link Website. To be honest, the only possible way to reset your rating is by using a different 3DS and the player can start anew. If Pokemon is starting to discredit player's rating like for a single powersaved mon, then it definitely concerns me. Not so sure how I feel about this since nearly a good portion of players have used a powersaved or genned Pokemon, some without knowing it. If this is the case, we might see a sharp drop of players on battle spot for a time.

Edit: I've checks some source (well twitters) from Joe (Serebii), Omega Donut (someone from Project Pokemon), and from Junichi Masuda (well mostly from him) detailing the same cause. Basically there have been reports of players who actually lose their data against others while on battle spot and Junichi highlighted this issued on twitter around August 1st they will try to "fix" this issue. I'm not so sure how their solution is going fixed this but I clearly don't want them to blanket ban people for having even one powersave mons since... lets be honest those things are literally everywhere and they know it.
It is kinda a bit far, Deleting a Save File is basically stating, Dont hack, You have to do everything legit or you lose everything, Its very dumb cause what if that person RECEIVED the genned mon and was told it was legit....

Like Naitre and Kiev said, Its basically straight up punishment, no warning and ruins your game when they can't even look up the pokemons history lol. I mean if they can, How do you tell its hacked, Sure if it is a 6iv Dream Ball Aegislash its obviously hacked but what if its a Regular Poke Ball Aegislash bred with exactly 6ivs, Its prolly a 1/10000 chance for that to happen but if it does, How do they prove its hacked?
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
i don't think they are checking that yet pod but since people were loosing save files because of other people hacking that's even less fair when the people just playing the game lose all their competitive pokemon because their opponent had an illegal one. I think mostly the new check are to stop these but they could be targeting stuff like the hp fighting legends etc as well and i wanted to give people a heads up on this. i doubt were going to see blanket bans on the pokemon i think its mostly going to be blanket bans on the pokemon that could break other peoples games and an update to the checking system to prevent these pokemon being used in the future.
Evilsabre
Winning a Pokemon battle is not so much about being a step ahead of your opponent but rather being 2 steps behind them
Yh but still if they do start, that basically forces EVERYONE to breed for hours and have dittos, which people are not gonna try to get so wtf, that brings more genning BrokeBack

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
(Aug 4, 2015, 01:23 PM)naitre Wrote:
Quote:People found to be violating the new rules will be punished without warning and are ineligible to compete in events and may even have account access revoked.

Source - If this is true, I would hope it's in reference to more apparent hacks and not "Oh, you received a powersaved mon on WT? Banned for life!"

without the actual game code i dno for sure but a perfected edited pokemon should have no trace on it so i doubt that will matter but the more serious punishments are for repeat offenders 1 offs will prob just be 10-30 queue blocks with time extending every time you do it.
Evilsabre
So true Naitre
Brings Dream Ball Aegislash to Nats
[Image: 0397f614-00a7-4087-bec1-aa25e303a139-thumb.jpg]

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
(Aug 4, 2015, 01:43 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Aug 4, 2015, 01:36 PM)podfighterninja123 Wrote: So true Naitre
Brings Dream Ball Aegislash to Nats
[Image: 0397f614-00a7-4087-bec1-aa25e303a139-thumb.jpg]

When Pokebank first came out, a guy I know genned an Eevee with Lightning Rod and Seismic Toss in gen V, transported it through, and traded it to me in Y just to see how precise its hack check was.

I think (and hope) that this is just for more obvious hacks like HP fighting Cresselia, poorly done hacks, and other mons that are otherwise impossible to obtain, though it seems that it can detect if you've altered your save file through Powersaves or some other device, so who knows. Be safe for now guys.

Same

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
Let me just clarify something I said earlier which somewhat explains for the new hack checks. Basically there have been some reports (at least from Japan) where players who go on battle spot,  fight others online and have gotten part of their saved data deleted if there is a disconnection of sorts, normally to detect whether there was a hack mon used. According to Mike (Omega Donut), "...new "hack check" apparently response to player using hack saves that delete other's saves after a Battle Spot match". Basically this is the issue here since someone might go on battle spot only to have parts of their save file erased by someone with a modified/hacked account. Though this has happen to a very small percentage of people, the fact that their "safe file" gets deleted (I don't know to what degree) is a problem that Game Freak has to look up.  To be honest if what they are saying is true, then there might be people with with such intents of deleting save files (probably worse case scenario) or a glitch regarding the hack checks.  I definitely support Game Freak in rooting out people who inadvertently delete other "innocent" save files but I just don't agree with their approach mainly since it will affect many players on battle spot.  I don't want them to just blanket ban all players with any powersaved mons since some players can't even tell if their Pokemon are powersaved or hacked because of someone they could easily IP Ban or a glitch that can be fix with an update.

For now, Game Freak's "best" solution is to implement stronger hack checks so fewer people with powersaved mons get on Battle Spot just as a precaution before an update is released. However this doesn't explain how my friend's rating got erased other than if he actually battle someone and encountered a glitch. I'm gonna be honest ....this has happen to me before in XY where my account info was erased for no reason around March 2014 and this was before hack checks, powersaves, and pokegen was a thing. Of course there was the possibility of hacking and sending bluntly obvious hacks into XY from previous gens and I still haven't got a response from Pokemon.
This would also (partially) explain my thoughts about possible DDos attacks from JPN/KRN players on Battle Spot during an online battle. If an hack can delete other's save files during an online match, why shouldn't something to just force a disconnection exist?