Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pokemon VGC 2015 Metagame Megathread
I´m just here in school Kappa, having fun in the only site that is not blocked XD
Evyii the Dragonslayer of #TeamForum

I'm back! Mostly playing LoL nowadays though. What is life, but homework and sleep.

@eevee definitely do not name it Eckley haha, also that battle was good, but not as good as my gastrodon switch in Kappa (I posted the replay in the forum battle nights thread).
That quote at the start and then the rage quit made me laugh :D

@Evyii yeah it's annoying when everything in school is blocked
Cant wait to get home a post my full build for y'all to see but here's a sneak peak (don't remember if this is when I changed some stuff around)http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-208106366
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-208107932
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Bisharp has rised in usage as we expected. I see nothing but Bisharp on every team high on the ladder.

VGC at Apex was basically the same story I believe, everyone ran Bisharp or had a counter to it. Some had both.

Togekiss and Clefable have been rising as well.

It's also worth noting that I've been seeing a lot of Mega Venusaur's/Suicune combos, which is pretty annoying.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
Hmm I feel like Bisharp will change into the Talonflame from VGC2014 :P

Also I've been thinking to run a icy wind/WoW/Taunt/Destiny Bond(or Shadow Ball/Sludge Bomb/Disable) support Gengar on my new team, does any of you guys know if this guy is viable in VGC? I saw it used before so I know it's a thing :p
(Oғғɪᴄɪᴀʟ) Lᴏʀᴅ Lᴀᴅʏ ᴇᴇᴠᴇᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍ.

﹟TᴇᴀᴍFᴏʀᴜᴍ ₄ ʟᴀɪғᴜ (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤
Accelixio#2187 @ Overwatch

Achievement unlocked: First place in a sub-tourney//08-08-2015

I wouldn't run destiny bond with those moves. Keep the other 3 and run an attacking move. Probably shadow ball.

Gengar is really good this year for basic reasons. Speed control, burns, taunt, and decent damage is amazing to have on just one pokemon. Not to mention he has amazing speed as it is.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
(Feb 4, 2015, 11:47 AM)Rogue Wrote: Bisharp has rised in usage as we expected. I see nothing but Bisharp on every team high on the ladder.

VGC at Apex was basically the same story I believe, everyone ran Bisharp or had a counter to it. Some had both.

Togekiss and Clefable have been rising as well.

It's also worth noting that I've been seeing a lot of Mega Venusaur's/Suicune combos, which is pretty annoying.

Tailwind + Bisharp is one of the scariest thing in this meta atm cause it basically hits everything so hard as much as a M-Kang. Without Tailwind you have to outplay your opponent to prevent Sucker Punches, and this is another reason high rated players are using him: they are able to win mind games most of the times.

Yeah ParaFlinch Togekiss and Minimize + Follow Me Clefable are annoying too, while i've not seen M-Venusaur + Suicune core yet.
(Dec 18, 2014, 11:56 AM)Rogue Wrote: -Bulky Support-
Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 192 HP / 76 SpA / 220 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Flying]/[Ice]

I wanted to start off with one of the most effective sets. Most players run special defense over defense for many reasons. One reason is because rock slide is very common. You'd have to run FULL HP and Defensive investment to not get OHKO'd by strong rock slide users like Tyranitar. (and thats assuming you also have 31 defense IV's.)

Am I missing something here? Because rock slide is very common, why you don't invest any defense? Is it because you have to invest a lot of EV's on the HP and Def?
(Feb 11, 2015, 09:49 AM)extrafree Wrote:
(Dec 18, 2014, 11:56 AM)Rogue Wrote: -Bulky Support-
Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 192 HP / 76 SpA / 220 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Flying]/[Ice]

I wanted to start off with one of the most effective sets. Most players run special defense over defense for many reasons. One reason is because rock slide is very common. You'd have to run FULL HP and Defensive investment to not get OHKO'd by strong rock slide users like Tyranitar. (and thats assuming you also have 31 defense IV's.)

Am I missing something here? Because rock slide is very common, why you don't invest any defense? Is it because you have to invest a lot of EV's on the HP and Def?

It's better to just get out of there when facing users like Tyranitar since even max investment you'll still be hurting. Running SpD investment is wiser because there's more you'll live against. Rock slide is the reason wide guard users are effective.
(Feb 11, 2015, 09:57 AM)Hojunhu Wrote: It's better to just get out of there when facing users like Tyranitar since even max investment you'll still be hurting. Running SpD investment is wiser because there's more you'll live against. Rock slide is the reason wide guard users are effective.

Ah, alright that make sense. I just build my new team, and Thundurus seems to be fit really well. I want to try the defensive one, and I'm still looking for the best spread that suits my team. Thanks for the answer though!