(Dec 18, 2014, 11:56 AM)Rogue Wrote: -Bulky Support-
Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 192 HP / 76 SpA / 220 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Flying]/[Ice]

I wanted to start off with one of the most effective sets. Most players run special defense over defense for many reasons. One reason is because rock slide is very common. You'd have to run FULL HP and Defensive investment to not get OHKO'd by strong rock slide users like Tyranitar. (and thats assuming you also have 31 defense IV's.)

Am I missing something here? Because rock slide is very common, why you don't invest any defense? Is it because you have to invest a lot of EV's on the HP and Def?

That's part of the reason. I'm gonna go back and edit my wording because it was late at night when I did it and was tired. However, with that much HP investment and no defense, you can still survive a max attack adamant rock slide from Tyranitar. I'm working on redoing it currently.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
If u want to even get a hit on after a t-tar's rock slide I suggest u get a focus sash and put all your ev's into the Hp and defense I should know I run a t-tar with rock slide or used to in XY VGC2014 go about of it
(Feb 4, 2015, 08:33 AM)Evyii Wrote: I´m just here in school Kappa, having fun in the only site that is not blocked XD

I give you an Amen for that
(Jan 18, 2015, 05:10 PM)Animekid7 Wrote:
(Jan 18, 2015, 05:00 PM)Raging Lakitu Wrote: I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, I'm new to the site Smile. But what are the most commonly used sets on a Hitmontop? I'm very interested in running one but I don't know what all is efficient to use on it.

Hitmontop is a really good pokemon because it gets access to both the moves wide quard and quick guard, also moves such as Close Combat to deal alot of damaage

but one psychic and It goes down unless you have it focus sashed and fully invested those ev's in SpD
Anywho. I'm gonna come back to being lively on the forums. I've pretty busy lately due to work/smash training/hanging out with friends/etc.

Taking any requests for analysis you all want to see/learn about.
(Feb 11, 2015, 03:53 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Feb 11, 2015, 12:50 PM)AndrewAllen Wrote: If u want to even get a hit on after a t-tar's rock slide I suggest u get a focus sash and put all your ev's into the Hp and defense I should know I run a t-tar with rock slide or used to in XY VGC2014 go about of it

252+ Atk Tyranitar Rock Slide vs. 192 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 144-170 (80.8 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage using the Thundurus set Rogue posted above.

depends on if they put all 510 evs into hp do the math on that
(Feb 11, 2015, 07:08 PM)AndrewAllen Wrote:
(Feb 11, 2015, 03:53 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Feb 11, 2015, 12:50 PM)AndrewAllen Wrote: If u want to even get a hit on after a t-tar's rock slide I suggest u get a focus sash and put all your ev's into the Hp and defense I should know I run a t-tar with rock slide or used to in XY VGC2014 go about of it

252+ Atk Tyranitar Rock Slide vs. 192 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 144-170 (80.8 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage using the Thundurus set Rogue posted above.

depends on if they put all 510 evs into hp do the math on that

You can't put more than 252 Evs into one stat....
RIP HP fighting Latios. We are gonna miss you :-:

Anyways I was thinking of using Latios as a potential screener for two reasons. 1) It catches people completely off guard while they would expect a regular special attacking Latios especially if they go with sucker punch with either Kang or Bisharp. Well only fast taunters like Thundurus-I or Whimsicott might stop this setup but I think it can work as a surprise against most matchups . 2) Screens ensure longevity by having both Latios and his teammates take either physical or special hits better for the long run. An interesting thing to note is Lati@S twins have access to three forms of speed control in tailwind, thunder wave, and icy wind so they can definitely fulfill a support offense role similar to Gengar.
(Feb 11, 2015, 08:28 PM)Black117 Wrote: RIP HP fighting Latios. We are gonna miss you :-:

Anyways I was thing using Latios as a potential screener for two reasons. 1) It catches people completely off guard while they would expect a regular special attacking Latios especially if they go with sucker punch. Well only fast taunters might stop this setup but I think it can work as a surprise . 2) Screens ensure longevity by having both Latios and his teammates take either physical or special hits better for the long run. An interesting thing to note is Lati@S twins have access to three forms of speed control in tailwind, thunder wave, and icy wind so they can definitely fulfill a support offense role similar to Gengar.

RIP </3

Why not use Latias for that role?
Keep in mind it's just an option that people might want to consider. My reasoning is mostly based on Latios having a higher base special attack of 130 and can deal higher damage outputs compared with about 110 for Latias. Yes Latias has overall better bulk ( 80/90/130) than her brother, but Latios can still dent the opposition hard. Beside both have the same speed and can fulfill this role as an offensive support. Heck I really want to consider building a team with Latios just to handle the recent Mega Venusaur usage.