Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pokemon VGC 2015 Metagame Megathread
I use Bullet Punch on my Mega-Metagross to avoid Sucker Punch. I think (sadly) that Cybertron set the meta for the tourney. Mega-Metagross is very good with Lando-T and Thundurus combo balance out the ice weaknesses. Jellicent and Conkeldurr because Cybertron had trouble against these pokemon with his team. But I expect them to stay meta because of how good they are for/against Trick Room. I also think Choice scarf is better than specs because it is not fast enough and can get OHKO.
oh my god   Rolleyes

NuggetBridge has published Indonesia’s First Premier Challenge report. (link http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/indones...challenge/)

This team actually made me think a lot  :D

(2nd Place) Adhitya

[Image: lopunny-mega.png] [Image: garchomp-mega.png] [Image: talonflame.png] [Image: serperior.png] [Image: rotom-wash.png] [Image: wigglytuff.png]

except for the 1st and 8th team, there are a lot of new faces we can talk about  Sleepy
(Feb 20, 2015, 06:21 AM)GMX Wrote: oh my god   Rolleyes

NuggetBridge has published Indonesia’s First Premier Challenge report. (link http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/indones...challenge/)

This team actually made me think a lot  :D

(2nd Place) Adhitya

[Image: lopunny-mega.png] [Image: garchomp-mega.png] [Image: talonflame.png] [Image: serperior.png] [Image: rotom-wash.png] [Image: wigglytuff.png]

except for the 1st and 8th team, there are a lot of new faces we can talk about  Sleepy
thats awesome, im glad someone who didnt use lando or suicune (pokemon like that) actually made it pretty far :D
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Something I want to bring up which hasn't been discuss much are VGC type cores. IMO best core right now is the classic FGW core (Fire, Grass, Water) cores at the moment. This is definately notable from the Top Cut Winter Regionals teams with some advancing as far to 3rd place. Currently I have been using a core between Mega Venusaur, Heatan, and Rotom-W with considerable success at Battle Spot (ranked 1761 and 88th in the US). Based on my experience fighting semi stall teams with Mega Venusaur and Heatran since Venusaur easily takes take of Heatran's Fighting/Water weakeness while Heatran handles Fire/Ice types (Immunity/Resistence) and walls Flying and Psychic types to an extent. Rotom-W is there just to solve my weakness to Bird spam and gives this core another way to handle ground types bar Mold Breaker Excadrill.

Other type core that have been pupil at lately is the notably Ghost/Fighting/Dark cores. Most of these GFD cores have Pokemon like Gengar, Terrakion, and Bisharp provide a stylized hyper offensive compared to the defensive FWG core. Both Gengar and Bisharp handle opposing Faries and Psychic pokemon like Sylveon, Gardevoir, even Mega Metagross well with their STAB coverage. In turn, Terrakion can take care of problematic Pokemon to both such as Tyranitar, Charizard Y, and the infamous Mega Kangaskhan.

Likewise, what type cores have you guys beens seeming as of late other than the two I mentioned?
I hadn't really been paying attention but now they you mention it I have been seeing a lot of ghost, fighting , dark while battling, I'll keep this in mind when I make a new team my current team only has fire and grass no water and they aren't my main attackers
I've only just got back into battling, but I've come across a couple of Fairy-Dragon-Steel cores. one in particular that sticks out was MegaGross, Hydreigon and Togekiss (I played 7 battles, and 3 of those had these on their teams). Not sure how popular this core is, but I thought I'd just mention it
(Feb 20, 2015, 01:51 PM)Eckley Wrote: I've only just got back into battling, but I've come across a couple of Fairy-Dragon-Steel cores. one in particular that sticks out was MegaGross, Hydreigon and Togekiss (I played 7 battles, and 3 of those had these on their teams). Not sure how popular this core is, but I thought I'd just mention it

my team has my Sylveon, Salamance, Aegislash which are my main attacks and they complement each other pretty well
I'm trying new core types like I Steel/Dark/Fairy core which is interesting. I'm currently trying Electric/Flying/Ground core which explains Thundurus and Landorus-T, and Garchomp and Zapdos combos but I'm using Talonflame/Mamoswine/Mega-Manectric instead.
For those of you who still breed your pokemon, I was wondering what do you do to Keep it organized and keep you from making a mistake, I was thinking of making a guide for people on how to organize there team on a spreadsheet from getting there pokemon to the exact amount of horde and super training needed to do, just wondering if you think it's a good idea
There's a really good article on NB about horde training. That's what I use.