Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pokemon VGC 2015 Metagame Megathread
Whut he is ermigersh I don't carr
[Image: 1408202401-mega-slowbro-2.png]

Wut did u just say m8?
I've just seen a Roar Terrakion to prevent a Trick Room.

Roar has -6 priority
Trick Room has -7 priority

is it really viable? a lot of pokemons which don't really need a third attack slot are able to learn Roar (ex. Raikou, Arcanine, Inner Focus Lucario)

Roar is not affected by Protect or Mental Herb (of course)
It depends on whether or not your team really needs some form of phazing to get rid of certain Pokemon. Phazing (Roar, Dragon Tails, Whirlwind) all have their own advantages (including respective secondary effects) but the goal is still the same: get rid of that target Pokemon for another. If you really want my opinion about phazing, it can work well against Trick Room and Minimize/Setup teams but my main concern is it has a -6 priority which can really backfire in one of two way: one the opponent can easily go hyper offensive and potentially knock out the Phazer. The second disadvantage is you can potentially waste a turn and tip your opponent off that you were running Roar.

Of course, Roar or any phazing move has its merits. It can go through Protect, Evasion boost, and even get pass Trick Room as mention. If you can call the protect call, Roar can help give yourself a advantageous position. The only other issue is you might get a Pokemon roared in that might have a favorable match-up against the other two. I can see why Roar can be used in tournament play but in Bo1 ladder matches it might just be a bit situational.
(Feb 28, 2015, 10:58 AM)Eckley Wrote: [Image: 1408202401-mega-slowbro-2.png]

Wut did u just say m8?

Oh my gosh I don't care
For those who don't know, I made a build for the Mega Metagross for the competitive builds. The format is pretty much similar to how Rouge and Naitre have done for the past Pokemon. I'll be doing my best to contribute to the page this way. Honestly I decided to have it in the competitive build section is I felt the thread was getting a bit cluttered with the Pokemon discussed by the two. Anyways here's the link.
Great job Kiev, i would love to do one of these indept analysis myself, but i don't know where i would start, maybe ill do one on the lesser common but still strong mega's, :P
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
You think its ok if i try my hand at a mega menectric analysis? i know he isnt super common in VGC 15 but i think i could be a good pokemon to start with, i wanna start helping more with things such as pokemon analysis, it'll help people and also help myself at being as good at battling as you all are :P
(Mar 5, 2015, 02:37 PM)Animekid7 Wrote: You think its ok if i try my hand at a mega menectric analysis? i know he isnt super common in VGC 15 but i think i could be a good pokemon to start with, i wanna start helping more with things such as pokemon analysis, it'll help people and also help myself at being as good at battling as you all are :P

Of course it's okay! Any kind of analysis is much appreciated and needed!
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
(Mar 5, 2015, 02:39 PM)Rogue Wrote:
(Mar 5, 2015, 02:37 PM)Animekid7 Wrote: You think its ok if i try my hand at a mega menectric analysis? i know he isnt super common in VGC 15 but i think i could be a good pokemon to start with, i wanna start helping more with things such as pokemon analysis, it'll help people and also help myself at being as good at battling as you all are :P

Of course it's okay! Any kind of analysis is much appreciated and needed!

thanks rouge ill start working on it :P

btw kiev im gonna copy the layout you did for mega metagross if thats ok Kappa