Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC or SMOGON] Q&A Thread - Ask Us Anything (REDUX)
I figured it might be helpful to start a Q&A thread for those little questions we all have sometimes that don't necessarily warrant posting an entire thread over. When posting your question, please specify what format you plan on playing in (singles, doubles, smogon rules, VGC rules, etc.) and the build of the Pokemon you're asking about if it's relevant to your question. Types of questions to ask are included but not limited to:
  • What EVs should I put on this Pokemon?
  • What's the best nature for my Pokemon?
  • How should I use this Pokemon?
  • What item should I put on this Pokemon?
  • I just caught this legendary Pokemon, but its IVs are x/x/x/x/x/x...should I keep it?
  • Who is a good teammate to use with this Pokemon?
  • I really want to get into singles/doubles, but where do I start?
  • I don't really understand EVs, breeding, IVs, whatever...how can I learn?
  • What's a good check for this Pokemon that I can't seem to beat?
  • I saw this player run this build...why did they do it?
  • What does it mean when someone says "sweeper," "counter," "ubers," (insert other competitive term here)?
  • Do you think this Pokemon could be good in singles/doubles?
  • Any other questions you might have about competitive play

Please don't post RMTs, analyses, build submissions, or anything related here. Those are best suited for their own separate thread in the main Competitive Discussion forum.

New to VGC? Check out tygaa2's VGC Official Rules thread, AnimeKid7's Breeding Guide, Rogue's Competitive Teambuilding Guide, and my Competitive EV Guide.

Please post your question in bold text to improve visibility. To do this, format your post as [b*]Your question here[/b*], but remove the asterisks (*).
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Heres an idea btw, since some of us are smogon players, Smogon questions would be a amazing idea here.... just saying -hides in the shadows ready for hate-
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
(Oct 28, 2015, 04:30 PM)podfighterninja123 Wrote: Heres an idea btw, since some of us are smogon players, Smogon questions would be a amazing idea here.... just saying -hides in the shadows ready for hate-
Its already included Wink
Can I be your waifu, Animekid?
Animekid, which Porygon is the best?
Hey, so I've been looking to make a new team, and I feel like this time I really need to include some powerhouses that would consistently be tough to stop in the current meta. Ultimately, I'm looking for the best Pokemon I can get my hands on.

So I guess my real question is: what should I name my Stantler?
(Oct 29, 2015, 12:47 AM)PKPatriot56 Wrote: Hey, so I've been looking to make a new team, and I feel like this time I really need to include some powerhouses that would consistently be tough to stop in the current meta. Ultimately, I'm looking for the best Pokemon I can get my hands on.

So I guess my real question is: what should I name my Stantler?

Build around Cresselia + Heatran.

Hint: Your question is the answer.
(Oct 28, 2015, 06:32 PM)Apo Wrote: Animekid, which Porygon is the best?

As much as I joke and wanna say z is better 2 is far superior for this metagame, he's able to tanks many attacks while still dealing a considerable amount of damage, plus moves such as toxic can cripple a team
(Oct 29, 2015, 02:03 AM)naitre Wrote: Name it PK.

This may be the single kindest thing you have ever said to me.
For doubles format, is Pixilate centered (Hyper Voice) or Dragon Dance Mega Altaria the better/more popular choice? I was wanting to do a Mega Altaria giveaway but didn't want to give away a set that people wouldn't like, and I'm also genuinely wondering for future use of the Pokemon. I personally like Pixilate set more but I kind of suck so yeah. XD
Sylveon, use destroy everything!
It's super effective ~♥