Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Your first random shiny encounter
Bold ore.
I haven't played a single Pokemon game since Red/Blue (for a few reasons) and only bought Y this month since nostalgia finally got the better of me. I was trying to get a Pikachu to show up before exiting Santalune forest, and a shiny Scatterbug showed up first.

I also got my first random shiny GTS trade the other day. I throw basic wild-caught Hawluchas up for legendary birds (*checks* yep, got another Zapdos...maybe I'm just easily amused?) and the other day my new Articuno was a shiny...and English. I wasn't expecting that.
My first, was in pokemon Y.
I was hella determined to find my first ever shiny.
At the time I was casually just randomly encountering pokemon in a safari and talking to one of my really good friends on skype, who persisted on telling me that I would never find a shiny.
Legitimately, 2 minutes later, I looked down to see a little sunburnt Helioptile on my screen.
My friend kinda just shut up from that point onward.

[Image: helioptile.gif]

Little Sunburnt Helioptile ^
The first shiny I ever encountered was a shiny girafarig in silver and I named him "BLUENOSE" because of its coloration. Probably one of the selected few shiny pokemon I actually like in the whole series.
my first shiny was... putting aside gyarados, was a shiny smoochum from an egg back in g/s/c, if you don't count the egg (high % of being shiny) then it was a Ratata on FR, i found it on the way to viridian, since it was on the beggining of the game, i had no pokeballs to capture it D:
I've been playing since gen 1 but my very first was all the way in Pokemon Y. It was a Minun, I named it Electron.
My first was a shiny Zubat in Oreburgh Mines in Sinnoh, I named it Verde.
My first shiny was an Oddish on route 119 in Emerald.
My first was a golbat in victory Road I named it apple cus it be green
I'm your friendly neighborhood Dragon fun fact I'm one of the only ones who can take a ice beam And laugh right back at you with a outrage
#Teamforum

sapphire version, shiny Shroomish. I kept the Breloom through gen 4 and 5 but lost it when I restarted black a while back and forgot to move it. Still have it in battle revolution though...