Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Your first random shiny encounter
First playthrough of ruby a loooooong time ago: Shiny magikarp in Sootopolis City.
Second playthrough not so long ago: Shiny Zigzagoon xD
That's all my shiny encounters. I also hatched a shiny charmander <3
I was originally hoping for a magikarp because x) it's one of my favorites and wanted it to be my first.
I have never seen or had one prior to Pokemon Y, I stopped after Pokemon Red (og) and only played the other games here and there. But I came back to pokemon through X and Y.
lols I could never get a hold of shiny magikarp (my original team had that goofy magikarp I always fell for and buy in og Red).
So I practiced and accidentally got the golden Luvdisc xD!!
Still a good memory. <3
(Jan 29, 2015, 09:23 PM)GingerxPug Wrote: The reason I'm making this is because I just caught a shiny remoraid! :D  So congrats to me. But for you, what was your first ever random shiny encounter? My first was actually a Zebstrika that I named Sparklez. Smile

congrats and real nice~
I actually just finally got a Shiny tentacool last night, and named it after Justin now it's Flynn2Cool :D. Shinies seriously give the best feelings on rough days. Shiny remoraid though real nice, indeed.
I'm a shiny hunter, myself...my first one that I remember was an Oddish, north of Vermilion City in the postgame of my first playthrough of Gold version. At present, between Gens 3 and now, I have something like 120 shinies, possibly more; just caught a shiny Skarmory earlier this week. My next targets are Tangela, Cofagrigus (whenever their mirage islands are visible) and Magnemite (when they're not). Believe it or not, I'm one of the few shiny hunters who has had no luck at all with chain fishing, and have never successfully encountered or caught a shiny through this method.
-sandragon13
First one was a shiny Sandshrew in original Gold, I also had a shiny Rattata in that game.
(May 14, 2015, 08:29 AM)sandragon13 Wrote: I'm a shiny hunter, myself...my first one that I remember was an Oddish, north of Vermilion City in the postgame of my first playthrough of Gold version.  At present, between Gens 3 and now, I have something like 120 shinies, possibly more; just caught a shiny Skarmory earlier this week.  My next targets are Tangela, Cofagrigus (whenever their mirage islands are visible) and Magnemite (when they're not).  Believe it or not, I'm one of the few shiny hunters who has had no luck at all with chain fishing, and have never successfully encountered or caught a shiny through this method.
   -sandragon13

xD Wow! I am actually quite surprised but nicely done with all the other catches~
mine was in pokemon black 2, It was a Watchog, before i got the shiny charm....dem full shiny odds doh :D  :P  :D  :P
My first random shiny encounter was a Noctowl in Crystal. It was the first time I ever used the Master Ball on a non legendary Pokemon.
Just had my first random shiny in ORAS, and it's also my first shiny to be hatched from an egg. Picked up the eggs from the hot springs and got a shiny Togepi. Didn't even notice it was shiny until I went to put it in a box and saw the star. In fact, I'd completely forgotten about the hot springs eggs, randomly talked to the npc that had them, and just kept them thinking they would hatch into something random. Then they hatched while I was trying to catch a female Steadfast Machop. That probably qualifies as random.
^ That sure is random! And awesome as well :O Grats on your first shiny ^^