Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[IMPORTANT] February Meet and Greet!
[Image: tumblr_n2552wjYVG1rp6axuo1_500.gif]

Welcome to February's edition of Pokemon Forever’s definitely not late at all Meet & Greet thread! Come take a seat! The goal of this post is to encourage discussion among not only the more seasoned members, but to also bring some of the lurkers out of the shadows and give them a place to break the ice. We will also be featuring some threads that you may have missed since the last installment. If you see any threads that you feel should be featured in next week's Meet & Greet or have ideas for fun questions, please PM them to @0kamii, @stephenWITNESS, @FireTaco, @moo311, @Kris or myself!

[Image: tumblr_notz0hzRSA1svy95mo1_540.gif]

Community Spotlights!

• @AbruptFury started posting his NBA (a draft league) team reports again, go check them out! Here is his last one!

• Go discuss your opinions on the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series with @Kris here!

• Staying true to his goal of making the most out of forgotten Pokémon, @0kamii talks about Beartic here!

For movesets, look here! Help out other users struggling with movesets for various formats by contributing your own today!

The Competitive Discussion forum is also a great place for both beginners and seasoned players to ask for people to rate your team(s), discuss movesets, and everything related to competitive Pokémon!

Be sure to stop by the Trading Forum. It's constantly active with new members and new requests! We also have a separate forum just for giveaways here! Please remember to +1/rate members for completing successful trades if you choose to participate!

Share with us!

• What are you thoughts on a Pokémon game for the Nintendo Switch?

• What new features would you like to see on a new Pokémon game for the Switch? Are there any features from Sun and Moon you wouldn't like to see in a new game?

• If you had to make an Alolan form Pokémon for Gen 2, 3 and 4, which Pokémon would you pick for each generations and what would it become?

• Any book/movie recommendations for other users?

• What is the most interesting thing you did this week?

Let's turn the tables - tag a forum user using @ and ask them a question!

Don't feel like answering any questions? Just stop by to say hello and introduce yourself! Feel free to chat with others about other stuff, after all it's all about making friends here!
I'll kick things off by answering my own questions lol

1- I think it'd be a good opportunity to change up some of the mechanics that have been here since gen 1 and try to innovate with something new. Maybe a non-main series game where the battle system wouldn't be turn-based could be interesting. Don't have the money for a switch anyways right now lol

2- Kinda talked about features I'd like to see in the last question but please bring back PSS and let the Festival Plaza behind.

3- I would make Alolan Qwilfish Steel/Water, change up its moveset so it gets Steel moves instead of Poison moves, but keep stats and abilities the same. Then, I would give an Alolan form to Volbeat and Illumise, but I'm not sure what I would change. I'd probably make them Bug/Fire since I think they are supposed to be fireflies and, you know FIREflies. Finally, I'd give the gen 4 Alolan form to Bibarel, I would make it Water/Fighting, make his moveset more fitting to a Fighting type, and make it very buff. Kinda like Buzzwole but it's Bibarel.

4- I just read the Shining from Stephen King and regardless of if you've seen the movie or not, I think you should give the book a shot, it's really good.

5- I found a cool sweater in a thrift store Smile

@0kamii would you consider making a neglected Pokémon spotlight on Gourgeist? I feel like it has potential, would like to see your take on it.

@stephenWITNESS waffles or pancakes and why is the answer waffles

@FireTaco thoughts on the name WaterBurrito
What are you thoughts on a Pokémon game for the Nintendo Switch? 

They should stick to 3DS, although I guess they can't make any performance esc. changes because USUM pushed it to the edge.

What new features would you like to see on a new Pokémon game for the Switch? Are there any features from Sun and Moon you wouldn't like to see in a new game?

1. Walking pokemon. Proper ones this time.
2. I liked most of the features in SM.

If you had to make an Alolan form Pokémon for Gen 2, 3 and 4, which Pokémon would you pick for each generations and what would it become?

Gen 2: Steelix, would maybe be part-fire because volcano.
Gen 3: Wailord, would be more tropical or something. Not sure on type.
Gen 4: Garchomp, more of a shark than a dragon so probably water-dragon.

Any book/movie recommendations for other users?

I've not done enough reading lately so no, unfortunately.

What is the most interesting thing you did this week?

Hmm...I did an exam(?)

Gonna tag @AgentGabriel since you're new. You ready for the greatest WT battle royale?
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
@0kamii would you consider making a neglected Pokémon spotlight on Gourgeist? I feel like it has potential, would like to see your take on it.

I can certainly add it to the lineup, and if it gets enough votes, I'd definitely make a post on Gourgeist. I never considered Gourgeist to be a neglected pokémon, but that may be because I fall into the majority and prefer Trevenant. But sure, I can certianly put it to the people. They are the ones that ultimately choose the post!  Big Grin

Share with us!

I think a Pokémon game for the Switch is a great idea! I'd be amped to see the update in graphical quality, and I'd be curious to see what the new engine can bring to the franchise. My only concern are the rumors about the new battle system, which could overhaul the competitive scene, and not in a good way... Sad

• What new features would you like to see on a new Pokémon game for the Switch? Are there any features from Sun and Moon you wouldn't like to see in a new game?

New features? Hm. None that immediately come to mind, but I would certainly like to see a replacement for Festival Plaza. Sorry, I just don't like it. It's tedious to level up, and I don't understand why they replaced the system they had in ORAS. It worked just fine. Sure, we can get golden bottle caps and what not, but just make those worth BP or something. Game Freak, get rid of this!

• If you had to make an Alolan form Pokémon for Gen 2, 3 and 4, which Pokémon would you pick for each generations and what would it become?

Gen 2 - Skarmory - Electric/Flying (raise its Speed, drop its Sp. Atk)
    Gen 3 - Wailord - Water/Flying? (Needs more Sp. Atk, but not sure what else)
    Gen 4 - Floatzel - Water/Ground (it's a Weasel/otter, so why not make it semiaquatic)

I'm reading Dragon Teeth now by Michael Crichton, and it's really good. Just finished Jane Eyre  too for school. Would recommend them both.

Uh, I wrote a story about faeries and moonlight dances. It's about 2,400 words, so I can post the link here if anyone wants to read it. (Also started watching Yuri!!! on ICE ). So good.)

I think I'll tag, @RaltsMaster, @Porvia, @PenguinTycoon, and @FullMetalVictory. My question for you all is:

Have you ever played a JRPG other than Pokémon? If so, what's your favorite one? Personally, I love Xenoblade Chronicles, and I have a secret love for Ni no Kuni and my namesake, Ōkami.

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

HEY I MADE IT,

So, I think its really been too soon to talk about a switch game, after all USUM cam out only like 4 months ago and I still haven't done everything in it.  When it does happen though I kind of hope for a sort of multi region one like Gold and Silver.  
Like I said before, regional travel sounds fun.  But I hope to see them take away the Photo Club feature, I never used that thing enough to like it.
Nice question, for me I would like to see an Alolan Kingdra, but I would like to see it be a sort of Fire type with Chlorophyll, and it's second type could maybe be a fairy type.  I think it could be interesting.  As for a design it could be a much smaller one to match real life sea horses and pixies from fairy tales.

From Gen 3 I say Castform, however this version would be effected by the terrains rather than the weather.  So that means there would be an Electric, Grass, Psychic, and Fairy Varient, each with a similar move to weather ball, but called like Field Ball or Surge Ball.

From Gen 4 I have to go with two, and that is the fossil Duo of Bastiodon and Rampardos.  I would like to see them set sort of and upgrade, much like the one Genesect got.  For Bastiodon I would like to see him get a design that looks more holographic, while swapping his defense with his special defense.  And while this isn't too much of a change, I say it would be interesting to see.  For Rampardos it should have a major decrease in it's special attack and have it go into it's speed.  For a design I imagine a super speed super like the Flash for him.
As one of my personal favorites I would Recommend the book "When Worlds Collide" from what I remember it is a story following the scientists that decover that two large planets are heading towards Earth, one the size of Saturn, the other being much like Earth, and about how they try to survive knowing that their planet will be hit directly by the larger of the two.  (hope I didn't give too much away)
Nothing much but as this Semester is coming to a close at my school, I have started working with about 37 hours of sleep for the entire week ( about 5:30 per Night) so I have been struggeling to survive.  wait should I be sleeping?

I got an idea, night y'all

~ FireTaco

Also @"yung lord" we don't talk about brother anymore

Also Also based on the discord currently, Anyone who wants to answer, What is your favorite type of soup?

Mine is Lobster Bisque, It may be a bit extra, but its really good
Mawr
not the biggest fan of soup tbh, but i like most soups with chicken.
Hi guys!

1. What are you thoughts on a Pokémon game for the Nintendo Switch?  

I'm naturally excited for the upcoming Switch game, but every time I remember that I'd have to buy a Switch just to play it I get a little bit frustrated... and just like @0kamii said, I am really hoping that the speculations about the new battle system are just rumors. 

2. What new features would you like to see on a new Pokémon game for the Switch? Are there any features from Sun and Moon you wouldn't like to see in a new game?

Generation 7's communication features such as online battling and training on Festival Plaza are a little bit weird in my opinion, and I am expecting some improvements in Generation 8. Being locked to the plaza unable to do anything in-game (except for plaza features) every time you need to get online is definitively something I wouldn't miss.

3. If you had to make an Alolan form Pokémon for Gen 2, 3 and 4, which Pokémon would you pick for each generations and what would it become?

To be honest, I was expecting something like that in US/UM.

Given it's natural 100% Alolan design, I think Bellossom deserves a nice Alola form. I'd probably give it a Fairy type and change its ability to Dancer. Tongue

4. Any book/movie recommendations for other users?

Oh boy, I have so many anime recommendations! Since I'm trying to keep this short, some of mt most recent anime recommendations can be found here.

5. What is the most interesting thing you did this week?

I bred a shiny — male — Salandit... ...I know, it's so depressing right? Sad Sad Sad

--

Okay, I'll tag @RetroTyphlosion @Tenebris_Kane and @Dova to cheer me up XDXD (joke)
 ~ Always ready to fire up the party! ~ 
Hi! I stumbled upon this post and thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself here. Since some of you have already been trading or talking to me through the Discord chat, I figured that it would be nice to give you a decent idea of who I am. 

So, I go by the name of TheShinyMothim (on Discord, it’s TheShinySuicune). So there you have my favourite shinies of all time ;-) I’ve been out of the whole pokemon scene for quite a few years. I quit playing after finishing my Platinum game, and got back in like a year ago with the SuMo-series. 

My favourite part for the moment is breeding, and more specifically competitive breeding or sometimes even getting my hopes up for a competitive shiny. 

I’m still looking for getting a grasp on the competitive  scene as well, but ad I’m still pretty much learning a lot of things, I guess that goal can take a while :-)

That’s my short intro for all of you, fellow Pokemon fans. I hope you liked it! 

-TheShinyMothim
Thanks for that tag yung.

Share with us!

I just hope it comes out for 2019, I love the idea of Pokemon on the Switch.

I don't know about new features but I'd like roller-skates to return. No.

I wouldn't, I like them how they are and despise Alolan forms.

If you like OG Disney, go watch The Great Mouse Detective.

Got rid of my Wii U

Let's turn the tables - tag a forum user using @ and ask them a question!

@CrystaleeMew Would you rather Kris is in the next Pokemon game but we never see a Crystal remake, or we get a Crystal remake in 10 years, but Kris is still outed until the remake?

@Drangor2 What would you change in a Pokemon Yellow remake?

@0kamii BW remake or B2W2 remake?

@FireTaco HI SENPAI
OU MASTER RACE
Shout out to @"yung lord" for making this months fly meet and greet! And also to answer your question.............pancakes ehhh *cough*....yeeeaah
    -I'm really looking forward to seeing what Game Freak come up with. The Switch is an amazing console and is in my opinion the perfect platform for a Pokémon main series game.

- Well first off Pokemon following like in HGSS, probably the best feature from any game so far. Also probably the PWT from B2W2 and a feature similar to the underground in DPP. As far as features that I don't want to return, can I get a Festival Plaza in chat Kappa

- I think that Carnivine could make a pretty cool Alolan form. Imagine a Venus Fly Trap mixed with seaweed (probably water and grass type). I think that that would be a nice design.

- For a book I'd recommend The Hound of The Baskerville by Arthur Conan Doyle. It's a short, spooky and atmospheric Sherlock Holmes novel, what more could you ask for. For a movie I'd recommend Gladiator. It's an amazing story with probably my favourite score off all time. It can fairly violent at times, but if that isn't a problem to you, it's definitely worth a watch.

- I made an amazing lasagna on Saturday. Usually doesn't turn out as good as it did. Pretty proud of myself tbh

And for questions I'm going to ask @Kookiemuker amd @Saichi. What are your favourite Pokemon to use competitively?
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!