Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] ORAS review
In other news IGN can't even keep their own standards the italian part of the company gave the game a 9/10 XD
(Nov 19, 2014, 12:03 PM)evilsabre Wrote: In other news IGN can't even keep their own standards the italian part of the company gave the game a 9/10 XD

How the heck does that even work....
(Nov 19, 2014, 11:58 AM)IceyGamer Wrote: Battle Frontier was introduced in Emerald not Ruby and Sapphire so it dosen't surprise me. I'll be too busy stalking everybody's base.

yea but Gold and silver didn't even have a battle tower and the remakes got frontier so it would be a huge surprise for the original generation of frontier to not have it

but hint at it by having half the npcs reference it its like holding candy just out of reach of a baby its just cruel
also other features of emerald are confirmed including the events after completing the heonn dex looks like gf are making good on the promise to make every non event poke catchable on 3ds :D
(Nov 19, 2014, 12:04 PM)IceyGamer Wrote:
(Nov 19, 2014, 12:03 PM)evilsabre Wrote: In other news IGN can't even keep their own standards the italian part of the company gave the game a 9/10 XD

How the heck does that even work....

three letters IGN

pretty much sums it up tbh.
(Nov 19, 2014, 12:06 PM)evilsabre Wrote:
(Nov 19, 2014, 11:58 AM)IceyGamer Wrote: Battle Frontier was introduced in Emerald not Ruby and Sapphire so it dosen't surprise me. I'll be too busy stalking everybody's base.

yea but Gold and silver didn't even have a battle tower and the remakes got frontier so it would be a huge surprise for the original generation of frontier to not have it

but hint at it by having half the npcs reference it its like holding candy just out of reach of a baby its just cruel
also other features of emerald are confirmed including the events after completing the heonn dex looks like gf are making good on the promise to make every non event poke catchable on 3ds :D

Remakes are the game re-made with the current technology instead of how it was originally. Example of this being 3D Sprites of all the pokemon and being able to capture pokemon you couldn't the first go around. We are getting online features which we didn't have any of the sort in the original version, we get to capture all the legendary pokemon know to date unlike then, Interaction being able to trade and battle with friends and people around the world, Then the whole nostalgia for those who grew up and started in Gen 3. And people are concerned about no Battle Frontier that wasn't there to start with. I feel like we got a lot more than we even imgained and are still asking for more. This game is solid I won't be worried about it. And if it comes with DLC that is being spoiled being time which would be awesome :P
(Nov 19, 2014, 12:14 PM)IceyGamer Wrote:

Remakes are the game re-made with the current technology instead of how it was originally. Example of this being 3D Sprites of all the pokemon and being able to capture pokemon you couldn't the first go around. We are getting online features which we didn't have any of the sort in the original version, we get to capture all the legendary pokemon know to date unlike then, Interaction being able to trade and battle with friends and people around the world, Then the whole nostalgia for those who grew up and started in Gen 3. And people are concerned about no Battle Frontier that wasn't there to start with. I feel like we got a lot more than we even imgained and are still asking for more. This game is solid I won't be worried about it. And if it comes with DLC that is being spoiled being time which would be awesome :P

yea icey i get the point, alots new but gen 3 was my fav gen purely because of frontier its the iconic gen 3 thing to me and if it lacks it its just going to be a huge disappointment for me its like a yellow remake without pikachu as your starter its kind of a big thing....
(Nov 19, 2014, 12:27 PM)evilsabre Wrote:
(Nov 19, 2014, 12:14 PM)IceyGamer Wrote:

yea icey i get the point, alots new but gen 3 was my fav gen purely because of frontier its the iconic gen 3 thing to me and if it lacks it its just going to be a huge disappointment for me its like a yellow remake without pikachu as your starter its kind of a big thing....

IMO it ain't nearly as close as a Yellow remake but no Pikachu. That is the whole game. The frontier game in the later part that isn't included in this portion. This is a remake of the game before Frontier was even part of Gen 3.
Its a remake of gen 3 they never remake all 3 games from the respective gen but incorporate the 3rd games features into the remakes (atleast they have in the past) and despite starting on yellow, battle frontier has been my single favorite thing in the entire series of games so i rate it far higher than the pikachu in yellow 13 years of pokemon and all i want is to battle in battle dome and pike again with the new features is that too much to ask for Sad

Edit: Basically what i'm saying is it will not feel like gen 3 to me if it lacks frontier and i guess that's true for others as well given some of the reactions on reddit to the mere potential that its not in the game. I don't want to sound ungratefully but delta saga and a hd hoenn wasn't what i wanted in the remakes, frontier was. I have been dreaming of returning to hoenn frontier with garchomp and lucario etc since gen 4 and was so sad in gen 4 when its frontier lacked dome if the remakes lack frontier altogether it really will crush the dream I've had for so long into dust and i'll prob end up sobbing in bed for the whole weekend. Sad
(Nov 19, 2014, 11:54 AM)evilsabre Wrote:
(Nov 19, 2014, 11:33 AM)Eeveeli Wrote:
(Nov 19, 2014, 11:21 AM)evilsabre Wrote:
(Nov 19, 2014, 02:52 AM)Eeveeli Wrote: About the battle frontier:

It's confirmed that the  Battle frontier won't be in ORAS. It might come as a DLC but i'm not sure about that :c

Not confirmed yet Eeveeli confirmed to not be in one review copy however theres an interesting trend with reviews some are claiming insane late game other are claiming its barely better than x and Y's coupled with the fact its currently being suspected as day 1 material or time delayed into the game like the demo's were time delayed on content. Basically we know nothing more everything on the internet atm is a rumor until the games actually release or gamefreak/nintendo make a statement. Admitedly i have been getting tissues ready for the release now as a precaution Sad

As far as I know of/followed all the discussion about this on Reddit I really believe that it's not there. There was actually a leaker who said that the BF won't be in the game but that there are NPC's who are talking about it like it is there so we just have to wait and hope that it will be unlocked as a DLC/Time event but yea you're right, the game will be out this week so we will know the truth soon enough lol

Yea i've been following it as well but i don't think gf are so stupid as to remove the most liked feature of gen 3 from the game for the remakes yet they put it in the gen 2 remakes... So i think its deffo coming and gf said they dislike the idea of DLC. One of the reddit theories i liked was that it unlocks when EU get the game. XD Also that leaker is the one review copy i was on about Eeveeli either way the game will still be great but its going to only have a marginal better post game without frontier than X and Y which will be a bit of a blow to gen 6 as a whole if it still lacks a solid endgame after ORAS. I mean seriously i think gen 6 has had the worst postgame since gen 1 (which didn't really need  a postgame the whole game concept was new then)

I have to agree with sabre about game freak not being stupid enough to leave it out.  Maybe the Review embargo meant they couldn't talk about the frontier? but as you say eeveeli, if it's leakers that are releasing the info, and not reviewers, there was nothing to stop them revealing that the frontier was back
Is there battles online vs others? Like random battle finders for me and my friend :D please answer