Poll: Do you want VGC 2016 to be based on the new ORAS Battle Spot (basically no "Pentagon Rule")
Yes
No
Seismic Toss Kang is Scurry
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Transferred Pokemon to be Allowed Starting on ORAS Battle Spot from Sept. 15
Transferred Pokemon to be Allowed on ORAS Battle Spot Starting from Sept. 15

[Image: suicune.gif] [Image: raikou.gif] [Image: entei.gif][Image: landorus.gif] [Image: thundurus.gif] [Image: tornadus.gif]

So I've message a couple of people from the forums about this news from Japan and I wanted to wait until there was an confirmation from at least the fan sites. Well according from the Japanese Pokemon Global Link, starting September 15th the ORAS League Battle Spot will allow all transferred Pokemon from previous generations to participate in all their formats (Singles, Doubles, Triples, Rotation) bar the Special format. This means Pokemon, including those found in event exclusive games and distributions (Dream World Sheer Force Landorus, Sheer Cold Relaxed Suicune, Extreme Speed Adamant Entei, Aura Sphere Rash Raikou, Defiant Thundurus/Tornadus), and a host of move tutor exclusive Pokemon dating back to Gen 3 are allowed back just like it was in the XY Battle Spot. Now this news isn't the announcement for the next Pokemon format, though this might be a hint whether or not TPCi decides to allow cross generational Pokemon to participate in real VGC tournaments.

Probably the biggest downside is we've now lost an "official online ladder" for VGC since the current ruleset follows the eventually out going ORAS Battle Spot with the pentagon rule. In short, Pokemon without the pentagon can now participate on ORAS Battle Spot very soon. To be honest, this might force some players to go Pokemon Showdown since the the ORAS Battle Spot Metagame will clearly shift with in favor of these event exclusive Pokemon. It will be annoying for players who happen to battle Helping Hand Togekiss, Follow Me Magmar/Electabuzz/Blastiose, Eruption Heatran and even Seismic Toss Mega Kangaskhan *shudders* Sad

So I'm going to leave a poll saying if you want the new format to be based on the New ORAS Battle Spot format or should it be another. Just leave a comment down below so we can discuss this. If anyone is interested, I can make a new guide which lists all Pokemon and their generational exclusive move tutors and abilities.

See you all later
Honestly there are some moves that I would love to see be released and able to use in vgc it would add more variety but as you said some of these moves make a Pokemon broken and could cripple the metagame, tbh it's looking like there's a high change that this or some form of it will be vgc16 but we'll have to see, when will game freak learn how to properly balance a game for competitive:P
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Really on the fence here.

But for right now, I'm gonna lean with this being a good thing.
I can't answer the question on if I want this to be the rules for VGC16, but I'll have an answer rather soon depending on how this goes ahaha.

This could either make everything worse, or fix the current problems. I'm glad this is happening before 16 however. Basically a testing the waters of this ruleset kind of thing.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
Yeah I'm trying to look at this positively also it could be fun could be devastating, on the topic of seismic toss Kang how exactly does it work does the first do 50 because of its lv and the last one do 25, do both attacks do 50, or does it do more damage in a way I'm not realizing yet because doesn't moves like double edge do more or is it op from the fact that it will ALWAYS do 50-50/25 no matter what.

Also let's take this as a change to look at recently unusable moves on uncommon mons and see if any can aid them into potentially becoming more used, I know the legendarys are scary to thing about, but more possible move variety of other pokemon makes me excited
this is bad,super bad.
now we are going to have more bans from smogon,
people are gonna use overpowered teams,
can you just imagine a sheer force landorus with a choice band?adamant with 252 attack?
yeah get it?
I'm fairly pro this TBH, from what I remember the legendaries don't have a perfect IV spread and since they're events checking to see if perfect IV's have been genned will be fairly easy, meaning that they're not as over-powered as they could be. Any change to the ruling just mixes up the metagame and I'm excited to see how it levels out, with less used pokemon becoming more frequent.
Plus the worry about an infinite battle stall, (leppa + recycle + heal pulse etc) isn't eve that big of a worry due to the time limit, as stalling tactics rarely work in VGC.
(Sep 8, 2015, 07:48 AM)Aether Wrote: I'm fairly pro this TBH, from what I remember the legendaries don't have a perfect IV spread and since they're events checking to see if perfect IV's have been genned will be fairly easy, meaning that they're not as over-powered as they could be. Any change to the ruling just mixes up the metagame and I'm excited to see how it levels out, with less used pokemon becoming more frequent.
Plus the worry about an infinite battle stall, (leppa + recycle + heal pulse etc) isn't eve that big of a worry due to the time limit, as stalling tactics rarely work in VGC.

that's good about the legends, and the use of the recycle leepa berry strategy is banned in the official rules if memory serves, but that's vgc rules, I don't know about battle spot but like you said it probably won't be used often
(Sep 8, 2015, 07:42 AM)adolf hipstar Wrote: this is bad,super bad.
now we are going to have more bans from smogon,
people are gonna use overpowered teams,
can you just imagine a sheer force landorus with a choice band?adamant with 252 attack?
yeah get it?

I'd be just a little more worried about life orb sheer force... it is effectively a choice band when paired with boosted moves, and it still has free selection of what moves to use.... scary stuff man.

I'm not sure about this... on one hand I am scarred for my oras' life if I use something without a pentagon, like a mew from gen 3 event, or something I got traded to me that was transferred all the way from Unova that is actually usable... The pentagon system really isn't as good as I wish it could be :L Perhaps slapping a time stamp on when and where it was caught/hatched would work better in the future but eh :L
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
WAIT WAIT WAIT. SHEER FORCE LANDO T MEANS NO MORE ROCK SLIDE FLINCHES!!!!
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
Follow Me Blastoise Kreygasm
I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant.
It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
                                                                                                     -Mewtwo

#TeamReplay #OfficialRightHandManOfTheReplaysVicePrez