Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pokemon VGC 2015 Metagame Megathread
Anyways one of the more interesting move I have been testing out recently has been skill swap Cresselia and let me just say it can be a complete troll to the opposing teams. It might be a gimmick at first but if you think about it, most megas and pokemon like M-Kangaskhan, M-Mawile, M-Gardevoir, Sylveon,, etc are completely reliant on their abilities just to function effectively. By taking their respective ability away, you can literally cut their power and render them useless if their the last pokemon on the opposite end. This can also work defensively as well since Cresselia can skill swap it's ability levitate to Heatran or it can skill swap to your own intimidate pokemon to get another attack drop.
So far for me scrafty is throwing up issues everywhere so much so i've had to mix the team up dno how the new team will fair but it should be solved other than that spore/sleep power users area monumental pain and i need to predict the target well partly why i'm thinking of bring in aromatisse and giving it a lum/chesto berry to avoid spore stoping my tr set-up. Other than that empoleon is giving me issues but my main issue has been a sun team apparently mega camelrupt doesn't like the sun much...
I've seen a cresselia skill swap my Talonflame. I laughed so hard finding out that even with Gale wings gone Talonflame keeps priority brave bird even after the skill swap. The big troll would be to skill swap away Archeops ability onto them.
does it keep the priority or is it just its insane base speed doing the work? :P
I've sort of got TRs covered, but Weather changers are a problem for mine
Probably the funniest ability Cresselia has skill swapped was moody from a smeargle and it got immediate evasion boosts and it went down hill for my opponent as they couldn't stop my Cresselia from sweeping his team.
Your team looked pretty solid eckley i mean who brings cammelrupt into a m swampert rain team but yea i guess other weather teams are ur issue with their megas resetting the weather on turn 1 to stop swift swim getting going

Edit lol at the skill swap moody XD i bet they were so mad
My talonflame has very low speed so yes it was priority beating out his speed demon pokemon.
(Dec 26, 2014, 02:29 PM)IceyGamer Wrote: My talonflame has very low speed so yes it was priority beating out his speed demon pokemon.

interesting i guess it means gale wings applies when u first bring the poke in to any flying moves u have rather than when you use the move. I wonder if its the same with prankster?
It is worth some testing on it because its really interesting how it still remains like the ability never changed.