Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pokemon VGC 2015 Metagame Megathread
M-Serperior confirmed Kappa
(Jan 13, 2015, 03:11 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Jan 13, 2015, 03:10 PM)Black117 Wrote: Wait what is this M-Serperior you speak of? o.o

I'm such an idiot. I totally meant Sceptile. It's been a long day, hahaha.

No worries. Anyways I think there may be some untapped potential for, dare I say a mixed or even a special Swampert set. It does has a base 95 special attack which is the same as Kingdra and it has some coverage with earth power, ice beam, scald, hydro pump, either HP electric/grass, muddy water, ancient power, and sludge wave. Idk maybe it can work as a lure for people to bring intimidaters but I am just theorymoning at this point.
(Jan 13, 2015, 03:22 PM)Black117 Wrote:
(Jan 13, 2015, 03:11 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Jan 13, 2015, 03:10 PM)Black117 Wrote: Wait what is this M-Serperior you speak of? o.o

I'm such an idiot. I totally meant Sceptile. It's been a long day, hahaha.

No worries. Anyways I think there may be some untapped potential for, dare I say a mixed or even a special Swampert set. It does has a base 95 special attack which is the same as Kingdra and it has some coverage with earth power, ice beam, scald, hydro pump, either HP electric/grass, muddy water, ancient power, and sludge wave. Idk maybe it can work as a lure for people to bring intimidaters but I am just theorymoning at this point.
Not quite sure if this build actually is stronger than a focused one, you might go with a Special Swampert instead of Attack to force these Intimidates. Well I guess this requires some testing.
Nice analysis again naitre!
I'm actually using a M Swampert team right now (as I'm sure a lot of forum members know), and I'm actually running 252 HP / 100 Attack / 156 Speed of with an adamant nature. It allows me to out speed timid mega sceptile in the rain, and with base defences of 100/110/110, it can take a couple of hits from other pokemon while still hitting hard, especially with helping hand support.

I have been thinking though, with mega sceptile not really being seen that much, would it be worth taking some EVs out of speed and put them into his defences to make him bulkier? Because even if someone brings a mega sceptile, the chances are if you're using mega Swampert you've got something to deal with grass types
I mean you already did experience trouble with it I guess, what Pkmn gave you the most? Guess you might just run them through the Calculator and see if it makes any real Difference.
(Jan 13, 2015, 03:24 PM)Eckley Wrote: Nice analysis again naitre!
I'm actually using a M Swampert team right now (as I'm sure a lot of forum members know), and I'm actually running 252 HP / 100 Attack / 156 Speed of with an adamant nature. It allows me to out speed timid mega sceptile in the rain, and with base defences of 100/110/110, it can take a couple of hits from other pokemon while still hitting hard, especially with helping hand support.

I have been thinking though, with mega sceptile not really being seen that much, would it be worth taking some EVs out of speed and put them into his defences to make him bulkier? Because even if someone brings a mega sceptile, the chances are if you're using mega Swampert you've got something to deal with grass types

Chances are you can just give M-Swampert more defense or special defense investment depending on what type of attack do you want to live. I highly doubt swampert would want to take any grass attacks so chances are try ev your m-swampert to take hits from either mega kang, landorus-t, sylveon, or any of the most common pokemon in vgc.
Am I the only one that feels like Mega Heracross is a little underrated?

Naitre and I have been in the lab and made a trick room team with one. We're currently climbing the showdown ladder quickly and are shooting for top 10 or so.
(we will do a RMT later on for those who are interested)

2HKO'ing every Cresselia/OHKO'ing every M-Kang/and every time we see a rain team we just click bullet seed and win.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
(Jan 13, 2015, 03:45 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Jan 13, 2015, 03:43 PM)Rogue Wrote: Am I the only one that feels like Mega Heracross is a little underrated?

Naitre and I have been in the lab and made a trick room team with one. We're currently climbing the showdown ladder quickly and are shooting for top 10 or so.
(we will do a RMT later on for those who are interested)

2HKO'ing every Cresselia/OHKO'ing every M-Kang/and every time we see a rain team we just click bullet seed and win.

And you tried to tell me M-Heracross probably wouldn't work Wink

shhh, that was early X/Y. Shush yo mouth, you thought M-Banette would be good!
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
Are you Siblings?
Alrighty almighty, i can absolutely imagine how conversations between you both are :D