Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pokemon VGC 2015 Metagame Megathread
(Jan 16, 2015, 04:50 PM)evilsabre Wrote: lol rogue i was gona do one this weekend but i guess i could always do a non legend 1 XD or i might do guides for a few of the less viable pokes and stick them in here admittedly i can nvr be asked to work out optimal ev spreads unless there an obvious counter i want to live so dno if it would be up to your high standards :P

you act as if you need my approval :b I'm not special or anything like that, you should always do what you want!
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
(Jan 16, 2015, 04:51 PM)Rogue Wrote:
(Jan 16, 2015, 04:50 PM)evilsabre Wrote: lol rogue i was gona do one this weekend but i guess i could always do a non legend 1 XD or i might do guides for a few of the less viable pokes and stick them in here admittedly i can nvr be asked to work out optimal ev spreads unless there an obvious counter i want to live so dno if it would be up to your high standards :P

you act as if you need my approval :b I'm not special or anything like that, you should always do what you want!

i act like that as i'm rather aware of my horrifically short vgc career lol 1 month hardly makes me an expert on the best strats....
Evilsabre
Winning a Pokemon battle is not so much about being a step ahead of your opponent but rather being 2 steps behind them
Yeah, but 1 month and a Tournament winning team is pretty good though Kappa
i still view my skills as flawed when i haven't gone far in any tourneys cept the no legend tourney
Evilsabre
Winning a Pokemon battle is not so much about being a step ahead of your opponent but rather being 2 steps behind them
Hey we're both new to VGC, I'm sure we'll get better over time :D
(Jan 16, 2015, 05:20 PM)evilsabre Wrote: i still view my skills as flawed when i haven't gone far in any tourneys cept the no legend tourney

Non legends that /kind of/ work like the legends.

Suicune = Milotic (cept not as bulky/supportive but it'll do)

Arcanine = Entei/Heatran (not as good as Heatran but it works)

Hydreigon = Latios/Latias (Latias is more supportive, Latios is more offensive than it)

Thundurus = Whimsicott or Klefki. Whimsicott gets taunt access, Klefki gets Thunderwave access.

Landorus = No pokemon really is similar here. You could kinda mimic it with like air balloon excadrill/Gliscor maybe.

Cresselia = uhhh.... Umbreon kind of. But it just doesn't have the support capabilities Cress holds. Maybe you could work something out.

Terrakion = nothing really :s

Virizion = Gallade can kinda pull this off with access to strong fighting moves and leaf blade.
Pokemon like Garchomp kinda work like Terrakion. In terms of Cresselia Slowbro, Slowking, Jellicent, Reuniclus, Aromatisse, and Musharna come to mind.
I don't really see how Garchomp works like Terrakion. Garchomps Rock Slide is way weaker, by about half. It also doesnt get access to CC or X-Scissor/Zen Headbutt which is entirely hard to mimic in any Pokemon. Garchomp is similar in bulk however.

You're definitely right for the Cresselia's. I can't believe I missed all of these. Mostly Slowbro/King Jellicent! Very good choices, I'd recommend Jellicent who gets recover, icy wind, and trick room. Thanks Peppermint!
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, I'm new to the site Smile. But what are the most commonly used sets on a Hitmontop? I'm very interested in running one but I don't know what all is efficient to use on it.
(Jan 18, 2015, 05:00 PM)Raging Lakitu Wrote: I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, I'm new to the site Smile. But what are the most commonly used sets on a Hitmontop? I'm very interested in running one but I don't know what all is efficient to use on it.

Hitmontop is a really good pokemon because it gets access to both the moves wide quard and quick guard, also moves such as Close Combat to deal alot of damaage
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~