Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pokemon VGC 2015 Metagame Megathread
Ah, I see your reasoning. I wasn't doubting you or anything, you're very knowledgeable. Just wanted to know your input on why. [:
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
Thanks Rouge. btw I was doing a write-up on Mega Kangaskhan for this thread but my computer had to crash and I lost that file even though I saved the file many times (first time that ever happens to me). It was just gonna be an overview of what to expect from Mega Mom, the move tutor coverage it received, potential teammates, and ways people can prepare against it as best they can. Could have been finished today but things like that happen. I'll try to get that one up by Thursday.
I usually go for the Sucker Punch on Latios, expecting it to be a 4 offensive type moves, and it always is. A screen/Tailwind Latios could be a mega surprise while still having a 130 base SpAtk pokemon with a Draco Meteor in the bag.

Keep in mind a ScarfLand-T Knock Off can get a OHKO on a 4/252/252 set

252+ Atk Landorus-T Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 158-188 (101.9 - 121.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Keep in mind a ScarfLatios can Ice Beam to OHKO it while outspeeding it. [;

But no really. Bulky Latios in our opinion is a bad idea. Threats like Bisharp will always OHKO it despite the bulk, so you might as well keep your speed and massive attack.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
(Feb 11, 2015, 07:25 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Feb 11, 2015, 07:24 PM)Rogue Wrote:
(Feb 11, 2015, 07:08 PM)AndrewAllen Wrote:
(Feb 11, 2015, 03:53 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Feb 11, 2015, 12:50 PM)AndrewAllen Wrote: If u want to even get a hit on after a t-tar's rock slide I suggest u get a focus sash and put all your ev's into the Hp and defense I should know I run a t-tar with rock slide or used to in XY VGC2014 go about of it

252+ Atk Tyranitar Rock Slide vs. 192 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 144-170 (80.8 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage using the Thundurus set Rogue posted above.

depends on if they put all 510 evs into hp do the math on that

You can't put more than 252 Evs into one stat....

Even if I did break the game and put 510 EVs into HP, it wouldn't matter...T-tar still wouldn't OHKO with Rock Slide.

I meant to say split the difference and I meant to suggest it going up against mega pokemon like mega altairia and mega swampert and more pokemon built like them I wasn't talking about thundurus (I don't like thundurus in general)
You need to remember that one pokemon doesn't beat the entire metagame. If you don't want thundurus to take a rock slide, then switch out.
Just have Lando-T next to Thundurus there is a reason why this genie duo is powerful.
(Feb 13, 2015, 11:02 AM)z2porygon Wrote: Just have Lando-T next to Thundurus there is a reason why this genie duo is powerful.

then I'd respond with an almighty ice time called MEGA GLALIE with sheer cold, blizzard, ice beam, and protect and choice scarf and a Mamoswine with hail and blizzard, ice beam, and protect AND an icy stone to prolong the hail with max ivs in defense and health for both of them and the rest in SpD
XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD so yeah
Haha you got him there!

Anyway, just wondering how battling is going for everyone. I haven't battled in game or on showdown for a while, so I was just wondering what pokemon have seen an increase / decrease in popularity
(Feb 13, 2015, 01:07 PM)Eckley Wrote: Haha you got him there!

Anyway, just wondering how battling is going for everyone. I haven't battled in game or on showdown for a while, so I was just wondering what pokemon have seen an increase / decrease in popularity

Any pokemon Cybertron touches with his hands...

On a more serious note, expect by the end of winter regionals at least here in the US we'll start to see a good idea on how the VGC metagame will be. Right now, Breloom usage is rising since it probably the only Grass type pokemon capable of preventing Suicune from setting up tailwind. It has access to fast spore as well as technician boosted attacks (Mach Punch and Bullet Seed). If you notice in the Netherlands Regionals Steel types are becoming popular just to handle Mega Kang/Mence better like Mega Metagross, Heatran, Aegislash, Bisharp, Mega Mawile, and even Mega Scizor.