Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pokemon VGC 2015 Metagame Megathread
I would look out for a Kang and Landorus combo, They both can hit and it would be a easy kill for any pokemon cause of there possible movesets
^ Reason why i'm having one on my team! Whimi is a GREAT support to have on your team :D (I'm running max Speed/SpA with focus sash tho to take out Gastrodon and other pokemons like that in one hit)
(Oғғɪᴄɪᴀʟ) Lᴏʀᴅ Lᴀᴅʏ ᴇᴇᴠᴇᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍ.

﹟TᴇᴀᴍFᴏʀᴜᴍ ₄ ʟᴀɪғᴜ (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤
Accelixio#2187 @ Overwatch

Achievement unlocked: First place in a sub-tourney//08-08-2015

Do you hate any of these Pokemon listed down below?
Mega Kang? Landorus? Thundurus? Heatran? Gastrodon? Mega Swampert? Politoed? Hydreigon? and those who are related in typing?

Yes?
Why not use this legendary that basically no one remembers?

[Image: 640.gif]
Typing: Grass/Fighting
Weaknesses: Poison/Fire/Psychic/Ice/Fairy (x2) Flying (x4)
Resistances: Ground/Rock/Water/Grass/Electric/Dark (All 1/2)
Ability: Justified (If hit by a dark type attack, your attack is raised by 1)
-Stats- HP: 91 / Attack: 90 / Defense: 72 / Sp.Atk: 90 / Sp.Def: 129 / Speed: 108

I really feel like Virizion has some strong potential this year. It's always been that one Pokemon that people don't really expect, and you'd be surprised how easily you can run through a whole team if they aren't prepared for it. Let's start off with a choice'd set, and show what it can do.

-Scarf Offense-
Virizion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Def / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Zen Headbutt/Sacred Sword
- Stone Edge

I know it looks odd to have low speed investment while running a choice scarf, but it allows us to keep our adamant nature while out speeding what we need to, and having some bulk. Close Combat is a powerful STAB move. Sacred Sword is something else you can use if you don't want the negative side of CC, the defense downs. However, CC is important to pick up some very needed KO's. We'll talk about that more later. Leaf Blade Is our second STAB of choice. It's strong, physical, and has a high crit hit chance. So thats always nice. You'd be surprised how many times you'll pick up the crit and KO something you didn't expect to. Zen Headbutt is there for things like Amoongus/Hariyama/etc. Finally we have Stone Edge this is a good move for it's power, crit chance, coverage, and the fact that wide guard doesnt stop it. (Like how it stops rock slide) This is here for things like Thundurus, Talonflame, Charizard, and more.

-Offensive capabilities-

252+ Atk Virizion Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 176-210 (97.2 - 116%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
-This is against the very common regional jolly Kang. Which we outspeed!

252+ Atk Virizion Close Combat vs. 102 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 168-200 (93.8 - 111.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Virizion Stone Edge vs. 212 HP / 102 Def Thundurus: 114-136 (62.9 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Virizion Leaf Blade vs. 124 HP / 136+ Def Rotom-W: 102-122 (72.3 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Virizion Leaf Blade vs. 102 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 158-188 (84 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Virizion Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 236 Def Politoed: 128-152 (64.9 - 77.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Virizion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 130 Def Mega Charizard Y: 208-248 (112.4 - 134%) -- guaranteed OHKO

**I don't think I need to show calcs for things like mega swamp/gastro who are x4 weak to grass. You OHKO, promise. [:

-Defensive Capabilities-

24 SpA Politoed Ice Beam vs. 184 HP / 0 SpD Virizion: 54-64 (28.5 - 33.8%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO

52+ SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 184 HP / 0 SpD Virizion: 29-34 (15.3 - 17.9%) -- possible 6HKO

252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 184 HP / 72 Def Virizion: 54-65 (28.5 - 34.3%) -- 3.8% chance to 3HKO

252 SpA Rotom-W Thunderbolt vs. 184 HP / 0 SpD Virizion: 27-32 (14.2 - 16.9%) -- possible 6HKO

252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off vs. 184 HP / 72 Def Virizion: 52-62 (27.5 - 32.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252+ Atk Mega Swampert Ice Punch vs. 184 HP / 72 Def Virizion: 124-148 (65.6 - 78.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
*Important so we can be outsped by this, and still get the KO with leaf blade.

*There are other sets you can use here if you don't fancy the idea of being choiced. I'll post these down below, but when it comes to living/doing damage the calcs are generally the same.*

-Helping Hand-
Virizion @ Meadow Plate/Fist Plate
Trait: Justified
EVs: 44 HP / 212 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
– Helping Hand
– Leaf Blade
– Sacred Sword
– Protect

This isn't my set, but I'm not sure who made it. I know it's been used a good bit in VGC 13, but I think it was just one of those sets that everyone just kinda used because the EV's were basic. Helping Hand isn't always on this set, but I really like the pressure it gives. The option to protect freely and pass off a helping hand is really nice. While still being fast and holding onto offensive pressure.

-Safeguard-
Virizion @ Meadow Plate/Fist Plate
Trait: Justified
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
– Leaf Blade
– Close Combat
– Safeguard
– Protect

Another interesting set. This is also old, and the EV's are basic. We out speed things who come close to us that run max speed /speed nature like togekiss. I really like this set because we keep the offensive pressure while giving us access to protect and something unexpected: safeguard. To get rid of t-wave/swagger/etc

-Mixed-
Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 180 HP / 208 Atk / 4 SpA / 72 SpD / 44 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Not much to talk about here either! Basically HP ice is there to take out the dragons/landorus. Not my favorite set but not bad at all. One of the more basic ones that give you bulk, coverage, and offensive pressure.

Pairs- Pokemon that work well with Virizion are:
Fake out users.
Helping hand users.
Quick Guard users.
Heatran
Cresselia
Mega Kang
Thundurus
Landorus
Talonflame
Hitmontop
Whimsicott

Virizion is scared of:
Talonflame
Gardevoir
Sylveon
Cresselia

Notes:
Virizion is one of those Pokemon who are really versatile when it comes to item choices. Lum berry, life orb, sash, choice band, choice scarf, one of the plates, etc. Don't be afraid to run something else as your own personal choice! Virizion is also one of those synergizing Pokemon. Meaning you can play with the nature/item/moveset according to your team.

It should also be noted that it has access to X-Scissor which can be a good choice to hit things like Cresselia. It also has access to Taunt so feel free to play around with that!
Rouge/ Naitre Just caught up on reading the new builds you've posted. Great job as usual. I think I've been slacking on the rep. Time to dish it out :D
[Image: 200.gif]
(Jan 8, 2015, 05:20 AM)Eckley Wrote: Rouge/ Naitre Just caught up on reading the new builds you've posted. Great job as usual. I think I've been slacking on the rep. Time to dish it out :D
[Image: 200.gif]

LMAO
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
Eckley forgot to mention the 'Keep the change, ya filthy animal' Kappa

But yea! Great job on the build like always :D
(Oғғɪᴄɪᴀʟ) Lᴏʀᴅ Lᴀᴅʏ ᴇᴇᴠᴇᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍ.

﹟TᴇᴀᴍFᴏʀᴜᴍ ₄ ʟᴀɪғᴜ (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤
Accelixio#2187 @ Overwatch

Achievement unlocked: First place in a sub-tourney//08-08-2015

(Jan 7, 2015, 03:09 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Jan 7, 2015, 03:06 PM)Rogue Wrote: Why not use this legendary that basically no one remembers?

Don't worry, Virizion, I never forgot you Sad

LMAO at you and your brothers pictures.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
(Jan 9, 2015, 02:10 AM)Justin Wrote:
(Jan 7, 2015, 03:09 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Jan 7, 2015, 03:06 PM)Rogue Wrote: Why not use this legendary that basically no one remembers?

Don't worry, Virizion, I never forgot you Sad

LMAO at you and your brothers pictures.

[:

Hey Justin, I don't believe I've asked you this or not. But are there any Pokemon that you're interested in learning about that we haven't done yet?
Is it OK to request Tornadus? I know he's not as popular as the other two, but it would be nice to know what to look out for if I come across one (I'm assuming it's similar to Thundurus with Taunt, swagger etc, but without the TWave)
(Jan 10, 2015, 12:41 PM)Eckley Wrote: Is it OK to request Tornadus? I know he's not as popular as the other two, but it would be nice to know what to look out for if I come across one (I'm assuming it's similar to Thundurus with Taunt, swagger etc, but without the TWave)

Tailwind that is the only difference. Thundurus is the Superior because of dual typing.