Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pokemon VGC 2017 Tier List (Always Current)
Uhmm. . . Salamence?

I think shiinotic is decent because shiinotic can get HP and attack drops from strength sap. Also has spotlight which pairs well with baneful bunker. This thing gets SPORE! Once koko dies down, this thing will be great!

Shiinotic spores you, eats your dreams, then strength saps your soul. CREEPY!
(Nov 26, 2016, 11:16 PM)TheGamingPerson12 Wrote: Uhmm. . . Salamence?

I think shiinotic is decent because shiinotic can get HP and attack drops from strength sap. Also has spotlight which pairs well with baneful bunker. This thing gets SPORE! Once koko dies down, this thing will be great!

Shiinotic spores you, eats your dreams, then strength saps your soul. CREEPY!

I'll definitely add them ASAP. Working on layout stuff. Thanks for the suggestions Keep them coming!
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
Garchomp, flygon (gets DragonDance now), celesteela, random poison types, and pheromosa.
wait no toxapex naitre? or still deciding on where to put it?

Edit: nvm you got a celesteela sprite for a toxapex
Evilsabre
Winning a Pokemon battle is not so much about being a step ahead of your opponent but rather being 2 steps behind them
I think Togedemaru should be on here as it's the bulkier Lightningrod mon that has Fake Out and resists all the tapus stab moves

2nd Gigalith deserve a low spot as the last of the weather setters for sand and having nice bulk and having wide guard. still weak to many common threats but it's bulk and sand may make it kind of viable within trick room.

and probably Parasect clefairy and clefable should be in here as the best redirection tools in the format (maybe even lucario lmao)
Togedemaru is a niche mon where it can trap opposing electric-type user using their STAB with encore, though I don't think worth running. Problem with Togedemaru is it doesn't get decent support moves aside Helping Hand, Encore, or Fake out which the last option is null by a potential Lele switch. Alolan Marowak basically does what Togedemaru has being the better Lightening Rod User and can threaten most of the Ultras / UBs with its strong attacks.

Gigalith can be a rather interesting mon since it has access to Sand Stream and gains the 50% boosts during the Sand. There's some AV sets that can take some of the stronger special hits from the Tapu Koko / Lele while still dish out good damage. Its a relative good tank with QuakeSlide + wide guard, though its not a huge deal breaker.

Of the the four redirection users, Clefairy/Clefable definitely deserve their title as the best redirection in the format, though note most things still hit them relatively hard or is shut down easily. Clefairy stands out better than its evolution just because of Friend Guard helping its ally take hits and in turn retaliate / setup themselves.
Notable partners: Torkoal + Lilligant. Torkoal as the only sun setter boosts the flower's speed with cholorophyll under sun. Lilligant using After you to help the turtle fire off full hp Eruptions.
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

Torkoal for B+ tier, Tapu Bulu and Marowak-A for A- tier, Hariyama for B- tier, Drampa and Golisopod for C+, Porygon2 for A tier, Sandslash-A for D+, Exeggutor-A for C+, Persian-A for B-, Orocorio-Pom-Pom and Ribombee for D tier, Silvally for C tier, Whimsicott for B-, Weavile for C tier, Lapras for C+

Everything else is pretty much untested right now for me
[Insert signature here]
Alright I've fixed the the PF VGC Tier listing with some new additions and changes to certain viability of each Pokemon. Will admit most of these Pokemon were reflected based on the current metagame trends from VGC events, Pokemon Showdown, and Battle Spot. We did this to give new players an idea of whats "popular" and/or "strong" atm so they consider when teambuilding. In addition, each Pokemon will be linked to an analysis write up here so anyone can go see there's movesets. Anyone is free to give opinions about the tier listing as this is meant for everyone here, though do give reason reason for each mon's ranking/viability.
Thank's for the update! More motivation for breeding more pokemon. @Black117