Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Week 15 Meet & Greet - Come Take a Seat!
Welcome to the fifteenth edition of Pokemon Forever’s weekly Meet & Greet thread after a hella long hiatus! The goal of this post is to encourage discussion among not only the more seasoned members, but to also bring some of the lurkers out of the shadows and give them a place to break the ice. We will also be featuring some threads that you may have missed over the past week and attempt to revive old threads. If you see any threads that you feel should be featured in next week's Meet & Greet or have ideas for fun questions, please PM them to Naitre, Eckley, or Chaseinfinity!

If you'd like to host a Meet & Greet in the future, please PM Chaseinfinity, naitre or myself!

[Image: tumblr_notz0hzRSA1svy95mo1_540.gif]

Community Thread Spotlight:
For movesets, look here! Help us kick off the VGC 16 season by contributing your own today!

Be sure to stop by the Trading Forum. It's constantly active with new members, new requests, and tons of free giveaways! Please remember to +1/rate members for completing successful trades if you choose to participate!

Useful Resources: Don't forget to check out our new community twitch account: Pokemon Forever Forum Gaming!

[Image: tumblr_notz0hzRSA1svy95mo1_540.gif]

Share with us:
  • Show us your creative side! If you could make your own video game, what type of game would you make? Would you focus on exploring? What feature would it have?
  • Pokemon is all about adventures. What's your favourite adventure you've been on, whether it be a family holiday, a trip with friends or a solo adventure?
  • If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would you eat?
  • Is there a hobby you'd like to start doing such as playing an instrument? Or maybe something outdoors like skiing?
  • Pokemon's 20th anniversary is coming up. What was your first Pokemon game, and share your best/worst moments playing it?

Don't feel like answering any questions? Just stop by to say hello and introduce yourself! Feel free to chat and mingle with one another. Sometimes threads start somewhere and end somewhere completely different, but that's just part of the fun!
Hi. xD
Hey '
Hi! XD
I'm one of the saddest, countriest, and beautifulest Ampharos around
Show us your creative side! If you could make your own video game, what type of game would you make? Would you focus on exploring? What feature would it have?
  • I actually made one. It's a beat em up, but I haven't release it yet.

Pokemon is all about adventures. What's your favourite adventure you've been on, whether it be a family holiday, a trip with friends or a solo adventure?
  • I lived in Japan for a little while, and one day I walked all around Shinjuku for 10 hours just taking in all the sites. I found a really cool hidden cemetary and an abandoned playground.

If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would you eat?
  • Come on. Pizza is the only answer.

Is there a hobby you'd like to start doing such as playing an instrument? Or maybe something outdoors like skiing?
  • I actually have a lot of hobbies like playing music, and what not, but I'd love to be better at skateboarding.

Pokemon's 20th anniversary is coming up. What was your first Pokemon game, and share your best/worst moments playing it?
  • Well my first game was Yellow version I think. It's hard to remember, but the first game I put real time into was fire red, and the XY. Best memory was finding my first shiny, which was a ditto.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
Show us your creative side! If you could make your own video game, what type of game would you make? Would you focus on exploring? What feature would it have?
  • I would make 'Pokemon Strike : Pallet Town Offensive'. Be just like CSGO but better cos it includes pokemon

Pokemon is all about adventures. What's your favourite adventure you've been on, whether it be a family holiday, a trip with friends or a solo adventure?
  • A 4 day fishing trip, lived on a boat wit 3 other guys. Lots of beer, laughs and fish. Caught a baby shark which was a surprise

• Lasagna

Is there a hobby you'd like to start doing such as playing an instrument? Or maybe something outdoors like skiing?
  • I really want to get into boxing and what not but school and laziness both contributes to me not learning

Pokemon's 20th anniversary is coming up. What was your first Pokemon game, and share your best/worst moments playing it?
  • Silver was the first game I played and most enjoyable moment was defeating Red
Eckley is best grill
Go on and on, grow into a phenomenon
Hello there! ^.^/ Long time no see to everybody. XD
Evyii the Dragonslayer of #TeamForum

I'm back! Mostly playing LoL nowadays though. What is life, but homework and sleep.

has justin updated on his next stream or what he is involved with at the moment? thanks

{#umbreon::bestpokemonever}
(Jan 18, 2016, 04:16 AM)ShinyEevee Wrote: If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would you eat?

[*]Lasagna

Lol, you should be shiny garfeild! I know it's a lame joke. But it had to be said.

(Jan 17, 2016, 11:04 AM)Justin Wrote: Pokemon is all about adventures. What's your favourite adventure you've been on, whether it be a family holiday, a trip with friends or a solo adventure?

I lived in Japan for a little while, and one day I walked all around Shinjuku for 10 hours just taking in all the sites. I found a really cool hidden cemetary and an abandoned playground.
That's pretty amazing, I imagine a country so small and old must have a lot of hidden gems like that.

That's so difficult. I love coming up with interesting characters, drawing them and making a back story, but I'm not really good at writing a cohesive narrative for them. So I think it would play to my strong suit to make a 2D fighting game like blazblue, where the system and coolness of the individual characters is key to the success of the game over the story. But if I overcame my writing issues I think I'd want to do a turn based rpg. Maybe even a tactics game. I love coming up with classes and cool ways to distinguish the characters and their dynamic with each other. Once a friend and I came up with a very detailed monster training/tactics game about building golems. It never went anywhere though.

Two years ago a group of my friends set up a campsite on the side of a mountain during a rainstorm. We battled the weather for 3 days, keeping the fire lit, keeping everything set up in the wind. It was the manliest weekend of my life.

I don't know if I could live without a variety of food. Can sushi be an answer or does it have to be a certain kind?

As an adult I've found a lot more hobbies than I did when I was younger. I still draw at least once a day. I just started roasting my own coffee with some good results. I like to make things like that. Another example is my recent foray into the world of mustache wax(it's easier to make at home than you'd think) and I love to bake and have started to get into it more often. I'd love to learn music and have bought a ukulele that I enjoy attempting to play but... I'm just not that naturally talented at it.

My truely worst pokemon moment was getting ahold of a super game boy, dusting off the old snes and then after popping pokemon red in and playing if for about 5 hours; realizing that the battery in the game was long dead and I wouldn't be finishing my childhood adventure. RIP 90's pokemon cartridges. This, by the way, was my first pokemon game. As for the best, I'd say the first time I ever beat it. When I was a kid, the elite four and Blue were so hard to beat and I had to work a lot harder than I had in any game before that. I was down to my last guy and almost didn't take his charizard, but the victory was sweet.
Ermergerd sergnercher
(Jan 16, 2016, 11:28 AM)Eckley Wrote: Share with us:
  • Show us your creative side! If you could make your own video game, what type of game would you make? Would you focus on exploring? What feature would it have?
  • Pokemon is all about adventures. What's your favourite adventure you've been on, whether it be a family holiday, a trip with friends or a solo adventure?
  • If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would you eat?
  • Is there a hobby you'd like to start doing such as playing an instrument? Or maybe something outdoors like skiing?
  • Pokemon's 20th anniversary is coming up. What was your first Pokemon game, and share your best/worst moments playing it?

If I'd make a video game it'd be a beat em up based around all forms of martial arts. Of course we gonna throw in that nice plot and better than Nintendo online multiplayer.

My favourite adventure...? I'll get back to you on that one

I'd eat hawaiian topping pizza

I'd like to start Judo, Tae Kwon Do, Mui Thai and Karate.

My first Pokemon game was Emerald. Listing moments takes effort and to be honest, each run has different memories which get overshadowed by the following playthrough. Played Emerald over 50 times on record.
[Insert signature here]