Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Week 22 Meet and Greet- Come and Take a Seat!
[Image: 414a37bb8a191312b3dfbd00176ffd3e490ceb0a_hq.jpg]
(Couldn't find the original artist, sorry :/)

Welcome to the twenty-second edition of Pokemon Forever’s kinda trying to be weekly Meet & Greet thread! Come take a seat! The goal of this post is to encourage discussion among not only the more seasoned members, but to also bring some of the lurkers out of the shadows and give them a place to break the ice. We will also be featuring some threads that you may have missed since the last installment. If you see any threads that you feel should be featured in next week's Meet & Greet or have ideas for fun questions, please PM them to @naitre, @ChaseInfinity, @Eckley, or @"Squeab".

If you'd like to host a Meet & Greet in the future, please PM @naitre, @ChaseInfinity, @Eckley, or @"Squeab"!

[Image: tumblr_notz0hzRSA1svy95mo1_540.gif]

Community Thread Spotlight:
  • Ok, there are a lot of giveaways going on right now. Make sure to hop on over to the Giveaway forums and see if anything interests you.
  • Love art? Love Pokémon? This thread by @BoneheadMarowak is just for you!
  • New to competititve Pokémon? @naitre made a great guide on how to behave in the competitive scene!
  • [SPOILERS WARNING] Want to know about all the Pokémon in Sun/Moon? Check out this thread by @MagnusHexem!

For movesets, look here! Help us kick off the VGC 17 season by contributing your own today and posting them in the Competitive Discussion forum!

The Competitive Discussion forum is also a great place for both beginners and seasoned players to ask for people to rate your team(s), discuss movesets, and everything related to competitive Pokémon!

Be sure to stop by the Trading Forum. It's constantly active with new members and new requests! We also have a separate forum just for giveaways here! Please remember to +1/rate members for completing successful trades if you choose to participate!

Useful Resources:

Share with us!
  • If you were a Pokemon, what typing would you get and why?
  • If you were to create a new typing, what would it be? Would old Pokémon get this new typing? If yes, which ones?
  • If you had to give a Generation 2 Pokémon an Alola Form, which Pokémon would you pick and how would you make it different/better? Why?
  • What is the most recent series/anime/TV show that you watched?
  • Do you prefer reading books or watching movies?

Let's turn the tables - tag a forum user using @ and ask them a question!

Don't feel like answering any questions? Just stop by to say hello and introduce yourself! Feel free to chat with others about other stuff, after all it's all about making friends here!
Last time I was this early, I was still loved by my parents. Anyways lets do this

If you were a Pokemon, what typing would you get and why?
  1. Uh hello? Normal for obvious reasons

If you were to create a new typing, what would it be? Would old Pokémon get this new typing? If yes, which ones?
  1. Meme type, Mr mime, mime jr, ditto etc. Just real mimiky pokemon.

If you had to give a Generation 2 Pokémon an Alola Form, which Pokémon would you pick and how would you make it different/better? Why?
  1. Chikorita, I'll make it have two leaf's instead of just the one

What is the most recent series/anime/TV show that you watched?
  1. 91 Days, a drama'ish anime set in prohibiton. Good watch

Do you prefer reading books or watching movies?
  1. Books, Im a nerd

Question time!!!
@"Elly" why is bidoof not OU?
@wundrweapon do you use a toaster or a potato?
@Unit501 who is your role model?
@Fooni Did I do this right?
@Sleeper Are you really asleep?
@AlolaDonphan2998 May I have fries with that?
@naitre Who are you again?
@ChaseInfinity who is the girl I see staring back at me, when will my reflection show who I am inside?
Eckley is best grill
Go on and on, grow into a phenomenon
  • Flying, I love the skies, why is my name Sky...
  •  
  • If you were to create a new typing, what would it be? Would old Pokémon get this new typing? If yes, which ones? 
  • I would make a typing called Sonic and the pokemon to receive that typing would be Noibat, Noivern, Zubat, Golbat, Crobat, Woobat, Swoobat and Lunala
  •  
  • If you had to give a Generation 2 Pokémon an Alola Form, which Pokémon would you pick and how would you make it different/better? Why?
  • Natu and Xatu, I would make them have toucan beaks because toucans are tropical.
  •  
  • Death Note
  •  
  • Watching movies Duh! Books suck @"MistressGlaceon"  no offence, sorry
@wundrweapon are you really wundrful?
@"Squeab" how did you come up with your name
@SenpaisLittleEevee who is your Senpai?
@"Elly" if you are Male then why did u call yourself Elly?
@MagicalMops can u send one of your magicalmops to clean my disgusting house?
@SenpaisLittleEevee becuz smogon players are bad.
@Sky It's actually for L.-E. which is an abbreviation of my irl name.
I would probably be the most annoying type out there, which makes poison/Fairy come to mind. This is because I have ADHD and you can probably assume things from there lol.
My new type would be Legend. Obviously, all legends would have this typing, making them more special than they already are.
This is tough for me because I have been trying to stay away from the sun and moon trailers and stuff, so I dont know if this already has an alolan form or not. Anyway I would chose Ariados. It would get more spikes down its back, more legs, and more "teeth". It would probably be a fire/bug type, because we dont have many of those.
Pokemon season 8. Yeah, im trying to catch up :/
Movies.
I dont know many people on the fourum, but this is who I have seen so far
@"MistressGlaceon" What is your fav poke (Besides Glaceon)
@despondence How is the shiny charm working for you Smile
@All shiny hunters How do you find enough time to do it?????
If you were a Pokuhman what type?
Ghost cause I'm dead inside. Also fire cause I'm hot.
New typing?
Game doesn't need anymore typings. TBH we have some redundant ones. Ice is just cold water. Ground is just broken up rocks.
Gen Alola Gen 2 Gen?
Dunsparce. Love Dunsparce and I want good things for him. Make him a dragon and then give him like, good stats.
Movies or a nerd?
Movies books are time consuming.

@Sky Childhood nickname.

@naitre Teach me how to make salsa.
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
(Oct 19, 2016, 12:44 AM)Sky Wrote: [*]Do you prefer reading books or watching movies?
[*]Watching movies Duh! Books suck @"MistressGlaceon"  no offence, sorry

;-;

(Oct 19, 2016, 05:59 AM)Dragonmaster Wrote: @"MistressGlaceon" What is your fav poke (Besides Glaceon)

I'd say my favorite Pokémon would defiantly be Ninetales next to Glaceon :D
Money cannot buy happiness, but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than a bicycle.

Previously Known as MistressGlaceon

uwu i can hacku
anything but normal because i'm not normal ....... at all
  Lego type.... it would be super efefctive against everything (also cryogonal would get it as it kinda looks like lego)
Shuckleit would become bug dragon (as it is a dragon in disguise) and would improve it's attack massively and it would be majestic as anything
STAR WARS REBELS 4 LYFE
movies as it gives me a visual image of the thing i am watching

@ChaseInfinity  What is this 'pokemon' thing everyone keeps talking about here i just don't understand it

Honestly Fire-type or Steel-type since at time I can be rather stubborn and hot-headed, or just quiet, yet calculative about my thoughts.

If you were to create a new typing, what would it be? Would old Pokémon get this new typing? If yes, which ones?

The only thing "type" idea that seems worthy of being a new one is Sound-type since we already have maybe sound-emitting moves. Don't want to go too obscure by saying Nuclear-type, Magic-type, Cosmic-type, etc as those are already represented well by Psychic-, Fairy-, and Dark-type. The Pokemon who should become Sound-type would be Exploud, Noivern, Chatot, etc. Also only want this type to exist so Pixilate, Aerilate, and Refrigerate don't make Hyper Voice ridiculously strong.

If you had to give a Generation 2 Pokémon an Alola Form, which Pokémon would you pick and how would you make it different/better? Why?
Want to see a "reversal" of Espeon and Umbreon's typings so one of them is a fast Dark-type, while the other is a bulky Psychic-type. Not sure if those a Dark type Espeon, or Psychic-type Umbreon will have any benefits, yet its fun to speculate on it.

What is the most recent series/anime/TV show that you watched?

Watching reruns of Batman: TAS since haven't watched anime for almost a year without going to the directly obvious ones. Aside that, don't really watch TV that much.

Do you prefer reading books or watching movies?

Who doesn't reads or watches movies? This guy!

No laundry list of people to snipe out today except...

@ChaseInfinity Have I'm still looking for Porygon? Btw the movie "Finding Porygon" is getting a sequel called "Finding Porygon2". Definitely need you to be the lead actor.

@Rogue How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

@naitre Am I a Ghost? If so, can I haunt people here?

@"Mudkiplegend" Eggs: Scrambled or Fried?

@CybertronVGC If you ever visit this website and see this alert again, please tell me is Swagger God? Also plz notice me!!!!
(Oct 19, 2016, 09:16 AM)Black117 Wrote: @MudkipLegend Eggs: Scrambled or Fried?

Fertilized
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug