Pokemon Forever
Week 4 Meet & Greet - Come Take a Seat! - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: Getting Started (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Getting-Started)
+--- Forum: Meet and Greet (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Meet-and-Greet)
+--- Thread: Week 4 Meet & Greet - Come Take a Seat! (/Thread-Week-4-Meet-Greet-Come-Take-a-Seat)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Week 4 Meet & Greet - Come Take a Seat! - Eckley - Sep 18, 2015

So apparently I'm supposed to host this weeks Meet and Greet thread. I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm not a moderator here so I  may not be able to help with everything, but you can still PM me if you have any questions. Or if you want me to teach you how to Falcon Punch.

Anyway...

Welcome to the fourth edition of Pokemon Forever’s weekly Meet & Greet thread! The goal of this post is to encourage discussion among not only the more seasoned members, but to also bring some of the lurkers out of the shadows and give them a place to break the ice. We will also be featuring some threads that you may have missed over the past week and attempt to revive old threads. All threads listed here were nominated by members of the community. If you see any threads that you feel should be featured in next week's Meet & Greet or have ideas for fun questions, please PM them to Naitre or AnimeKid!

Community Thread Spotlight:

For discussion; Help rate these teams / Leave a comment on these Team Reports; Trading Threads; Be sure to check out the full Trading Section. There's always trade requests and if you can help out please do so

Useful Resources; Don't forget to check out our community twitch account: VGC2015Forum!

Share with us:
  • How well did you do in the 151 Challenge?
  • If Pokemon Z is announced, do you think it's a good idea? Or would you prefer an entirely new generation?
  • What's your favourite Pokemon Lore / Mystery / Conspiracy?
  • If you were a Pokemon, Which one would you be and why?
  • Besides Playing Pokemon, What are your favourite hobbies?
Don't feel like answering any questions? Just stop by to say hello and introduce yourself! Feel free to chat and mingle with one another here this week.

RE: Week 4 Meet & Greet - Come Take a Seat! - ChaseInfinity - Sep 18, 2015

Awesome job Eckley :D
Quote:How well did you do in the 151 Challenge?
I did, ok, i forgot some pokemon in general so i only go about 54%
If Pokemon Z is announced, do you think it's a good idea? Or would you prefer an entirely new generation?
btw i would prefer a new generation, i was a new story
What's your favourite Pokemon Lore / Mystery / Conspiracy?
Yeah some of them are actually really cool and would be awesome to be true, maybe the game devs could implement come of these theories or lore into the game directly
If you were a Pokemon, Which one would you be and why?
Obvioulsy Porygon-Z he's by fav <3
[Image: porygon_z_by_rhazcrossbones-d4i0qi0.png]
Besides Playing Pokemon, What are your favourite hobbies?
Im in the marching band and every saturday starting next week we go to competitions

RE: Week 4 Meet & Greet - Come Take a Seat! - Slec - Sep 18, 2015

How well did you do in the 151 Challenge?
- I beat it with 1:41 to go

If Pokemon Z is announced, do you think it's a good idea? Or would you prefer an entirely new generation?
- I think that pokemon Z will upgrade X and Y and should really focus more on Zygarde because he's pretty mysterious. I dont really care what game gets released tho as long as VGC bans Lando T and Dark Void Kappa

- for some odd reason I always found the Silver being Giovanni's kid theory the most interesting. I also like the Lavender town and Gary's raticate cool too.

- Swellow cuz im so fly, or Politoed cuz i make it rain. B) But in all seriousness probably a Mudkip because who doesnt like Mudkips (waits for someone to bring the meme back)

- Sports, Wrestling, and getting girls KappaHD

RE: Week 4 Meet & Greet - Come Take a Seat! - Aether - Sep 18, 2015

beet fleet meet and pleet come and eat a treat.

Got 149, who even knows how to spell exeggeggeggexcute or the palm tree.

Apart from the fact that perfect cell (zygarde 100%) looks stupid, I think its always worth doing the last installment in a generation. We'll see new megas ect, that cause enough change to the meta without having to reformulate a whole new team with a new generation.

Lavender town theme tune killed people. 4reelz I know a guy that said he got deaded from it.  

Probably a monferno, I'm very active and whatnot.

Power lifting (REPPIN those big 3), skiing, gaming, cooking to name a few.

Also Eckles, could you mention Ruledragon in the 6IV ditto giveaway. It's a joint venture and he's really helped these last few days), teh network cables in my area are being changed so my internet connection has been sparse.

RE: Week 4 Meet & Greet - Come Take a Seat! - Eckley - Sep 18, 2015

@Aether Sure, I'll edit the post to add him now :]

RE: Week 4 Meet & Greet - Come Take a Seat! - Aether - Sep 18, 2015

(Sep 18, 2015, 03:58 PM)Eckley Wrote: @Aether  Sure, I'll edit the post to add him now :]

Much love my beautiful wallflower

RE: Week 4 Meet & Greet - Come Take a Seat! - bradar485 - Sep 18, 2015

I got 124, there were a couple I just couldn't remember how to spell. And really.... I don't know that I'll ever take the challenge and simultaneously remember the existence of doduo.

Only if it offers a radically different/ incredibly more fleshed out story. I thought Team Flare was the worst and most silly of any of the teams that have ever existed. I'd like to maybe see AZ step up as more of an adversary later in the game.

The pokemon world is the aftermath of an apocalyptic war. A lot of people say that is true because of the kalos war. But that war was ancient. I think something more recent went on.

I would be ditto. Then I could be any pokemon. And get mad play with all them pokeladies. Poke...females. Nevermind that part, I thought too deeply about and it grossed me out.

RE: Week 4 Meet & Greet - Come Take a Seat! - Unit501 - Sep 18, 2015

First time doing this dotn judge

[*]How well did you do in the 151 Challenge?
Didn't even try do to my 'great" spelling   kappa so -999/150
[*]If Pokemon Z is announced, do you think it's a good idea? Or would you prefer an entirely new generation?
I would prefer a Pokemon Z just do to the fact the X and Y didn't have much of a back bone in content. 
[*]What's your favorite Pokemon Lore / Mystery / Conspiracy?
Properly the Pokemon creation myth or the original dragon myth. 
[*]If you were a Pokemon, Which one would you be and why?
To be honest I dont know what ill be its just there is to much idea flowwing through my head.
[*]Besides Playing Pokemon, What are your favourite hobbies?
School kappa , and the schools band other then that, theres nothing eles i do.

RE: Week 4 Meet & Greet - Come Take a Seat! - Faeniks - Sep 20, 2015

78/151 I'm terrible with remembering names and blackout if I have to name lists of them D:

(Sep 18, 2015, 01:12 PM)naitre Wrote: If Pokemon Z is announced, do you think it's a good idea? Or would you prefer an entirely new generation?
I would be pretty bummed. I want a new generation of Pokemon after ORAS was such a disappointment to me. I'd like to see more viable fairy types and attempts at rebalancing competitive play.
I feel like this actually. Smile More viable pokemon overall would mean more diversity in tournaments I think and hope. Although Zygarde looks pretty awesome in X/Y and I would like to see a bit background on that pokemon.

I like the little sidestories, like in X/Y, after you finish the main story you have to play this little detectivestory in Lumiosecity. I liked that. ^^

Well, according to this quizz I'm Ninetails. I'm pretty oke with that. :D

Reading, making music and listening to music, playing other games.

RE: Week 4 Meet & Greet - Come Take a Seat! - Gondaj - Sep 20, 2015

141/151, funny how they all slip from your mind the moment you have to put them in a list.

I think there's more to tell about the Kalos region. X and Y felt really empty in that aspect. So Pokemon Z is a nice opportunity to do it once more, with feeling.

Every Pokémon game you see hints of an old civilization whose ruins and writings can be found throughout the Pokémon world. I would love to see more of this, maybe even a game where uncovering the mysteries of this old civilization is a large part of the game, instead of fighting off another evil team that wants world domination.  Dodgy

The pokemon that fits my personality is Xatu.
I'm always looking at the past and think about the future. So much even that I often do not notice the present.

Playing drums, playing bass guitar, playing Shogi, playing and collecting old videogames. Painting minifigures, acting, writing, cooking, reading and drinking coffee. I'm sure I forgot something, though...   :D