Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Week 19 Meet & Greet - Come and Take a Seat!
[Image: sLcS4WV.gif]

Welcome to the nineteenth edition of Pokemon Forever’s trying very hard to be weekly Meet & Greet thread! Come take a seat and relax! The goal of this post is to encourage discussion among not only the more seasoned members, but to also bring some of the lurkers out of the shadows and give them a place to break the ice. We will also be featuring some threads that you may have missed since the last installment. If you see any threads that you feel should be featured in next week's Meet & Greet or have ideas for fun questions, please PM them to @naitre, @ChaseInfinity, @Eckley, or @"squeab".

If you'd like to host a Meet & Greet in the future, please PM @naitre, @ChaseInfinity, @Eckley, or @"squeab" !

[Image: tumblr_notz0hzRSA1svy95mo1_540.gif]

Community Thread Spotlight: For movesets, look here! Help us kick off the VGC 17 season by contributing your own today!

Be sure to stop by the Trading Forum. It's constantly active with new members and new requests! We also have a separate forum just for giveaways here! Please remember to +1/rate members for completing successful trades if you choose to participate!

Useful Resources:
[Image: tumblr_notz0hzRSA1svy95mo1_540.gif]

Share with us
  • Clearly we all tolerate like Pokemon here, but what other games do you like to play?
  • What's your favorite battle strategy? Do you like to use a lot of status, hazards, full out offense?
  • School has started up again! How has your year been so far? Anything you're looking forward to?
  • We've got some new moderators, ask them some questions so they have to be social. @Unit501 @"Elly" @Chawizawd @"squeab"
  • Let's turn the tables - tag a forum user using @ and ask them a question!

Don't feel like answering any questions? Just stop by to say hello and introduce yourself! Feel free to chat and mingle with one another. Sometimes threads start somewhere and end somewhere completely different, but that's just part of the fun!
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
Pokemon is truly one of my favorite video games, when I'm not playing it I'm either watching playthroughs of games or playing skyrim! My school year has been going great so far too. I love all my classes and I get to leave school two hours early every day, so I have more time to come home, do homework, and play pokemon before I go to the gym! I'm new to the forums so I know just about nobody here, but I'm glad to see so many shiny enthusiasts! Pokemon X is my favorite game to hunt for shinies on, and is actually the first game I ever caught a shiny in! @"Elly" since you're a competitive mod (and I assume that stands for like competitive battling maybe??), do you ever use shinies when battling?
Found a shiny? Talk about it here!!
@Confide Well since I breed most of my Pokémon, although I will most likely try to get Powersaves/PKHeX soon for the sake of time, getting shines is very hard. But sometimes, if I see a really cool giveaway, I'll get myself a BR shiny, so I'll use it. But breeding competitive shinies is really hard; I succeeded once to get a perfect IV'ed Staryu, but it was so pretty I never evolved it lol.

@naitre is there a contest for failure Uh... Sometimes I'm smart... Cleverness? Maybe? I don't know.
Clearly we all tolerate like Pokemon here, but what other games do you like too play?

I also play Mario, but thats just about it <3

What's your favorite battle strategy? Do you like to use a lot of status, hazards, full out offense?

I actually am extremely horrid at battling so i just avoid them at all costs. Heart

School has started up again! How has your year been so far? Anything you're looking forward to?

No, i was recently homeschooled sooo it sucks.

We've got some new moderators, ask them some questions so they have to be social. @Unit501 @Elly @Chawizawd @squeab

@"squeab" You made the thread, soo why mention yourself in it so much?

Let's turn the tables - tag a forum user using @ and ask them a question!

@Eckley I couldnt think of anyone so imma do this to annoy you Heart Heart
Money cannot buy happiness, but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than a bicycle.

Previously Known as MistressGlaceon

uwu i can hacku
@naitre my typing would be ghost, and my signature mon wouldn't be M-Glalie. He's too overpowered, people have to be able to beat me. Instead it would be Froslass, cause it's close enough.

@"MistressGlaceon" To inform the good people
Clearly we all tolerate like Pokemon here, but what other games do you like too play?
I'm currently playing alot of Overwatch, love that game, but besides that, the only games ive been playing recently is Sm4sh Bros. and The Binding of Issac Aftebirth.
But i normally play RPG, Action, or Puzzle games.
What's your favorite battle strategy? Do you like to use a lot of status, hazards, full out offense?
I usually play hyper offensive, but i love to put in a quirky strategy (or unique pokemon) in once and a while to throw of my opponents,
School has started up again! How has your year been so far? Anything you're looking forward to?
It's been going pretty good, college isnt as bad as i thought it would be, just so many classes i have to take for my profession
We've got some new moderators, ask them some questions so they have to be social.
@"squeab" Tell me in less than 500 words why Glalie is the worst (I know this isnt a question, fight me)
@"Elly" Which starter are you going to choose in Sun and Moon?
@Chawizawd If i had 5 apples, and @PKPatriot56 stole them all, how many times would you ban him?
@Unit501 Hi.
Let's turn the tables - tag a forum user using @ and ask them a question!
@SenpaisLittleEevee What is your favorite Digimon?
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
@ChaseInfinity why do I get the lamest question Popplio for sure.
(Sep 17, 2016, 10:08 AM)Elly Wrote: @ChaseInfinity why do I get the lamest question Popplio for sure.

Because i at first was only gonna mess with Reed, but i thought of other stuffs
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
@"Elly" he's not telling you to trash your favorite mon, count your blessings.

@ChaseInfinity last time I checked, 252+ Atk Refrigerate Mega Glalie Double-Edge vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Porygon-Z: 354-417 (106.9 - 125.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
"what other games do you like too play?"
"do you like too play?"
"too play"
"too play"
I like too play Spot the Bad Grammar. This time around, @"squeab" is our winner.

*ahem* I like to play all sorts of different games. MW2? Yup. Super Mario Sunshine? Uh-huh. Geometry Dash? Still waiting for 2.1. Puzzle games? Portal 2, Aperture Tag, Portal Stories: Mel, The Turing Test.

Well anyways, I had a question for, well, everyone for this M&G: what blows your mind?
For me, it's humans in general. Culture, language, religion, the indisputably-massive 7.4 billion people that are currently alive, they many political systems, history, and even our connections with other species - it all just blows my mind. I had a more long-winded discussion about this with my dad the other night where I went into brutal detail about all of this and more, and even though I'd already written my every comment to him, it really didn't hit me like a bus until the words came out of my mouth. Think about it - there are 7.4 billion people here on Earth. 7 billion 400 million. Now say that aloud - "there are 7 billion 400 million people alive on Earth." It's crazy talk, but you don't realize the sheer insanity until you say it!

Also, thought experiment: pick your favorite fictional story. Video game, movie, anime, book, doesn't matter. As long as it has exactly a 0% chance to ever happen - absolutely impossible - it counts. Now tell yourself it'll never happen. Hit you like a truck, didn't it? It never truly occured to me that A Certain Scientific Railgun's world will never be ours - I will never be Accelerator, nor will I (in a universe where I am a female) be Misaka - until I said it. It just... it just bums me out. This is why I want scientists to focus part of their attention to virtual reality. I want to be able to transfer my consiousness to a realm where I am the quickscoper on Hightower. A realm where I am the attorney to take on prosecutor van Karma. A realm where I do have the powers of electromastery, or teleportation, or vector control, or whatever. I want to be able to put myself - literally - in the positions of my favorite TV show, anime, and video game characters. A world like that - a world where I can be in a simuation of my fantasies - is the world I want to be alive to see.

*sigh* well that was long. Answers, thoughts, questions, or comments for me? I'm open, just mention me in your post! (Don't just quote me - actually mention me so it shows up on my alerts (which is something @naitre @ChaseInfinity and whoever else needs to get on - quote notices in alerts (make it happen)))

-wundr
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to