Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Week 5 Meet & Greet - Come Take a Seat!
What's up y'all, I'm hosting this weeks Meet and Greet thread, so gather round and make yourselves comfortable. Much like Eckles I'm not a mod here, but I'll still do my best to help you with whatever you need, and feel free to PM me if you have any questions. (How much do you bench bro? Is not a valid question  KappaHD - Naitre, Eckley and Delta I'm watching you!)

Heeeerrrrreee wwweeee go:

Welcome to the fifth edition of Pokemon Forever’s weekly Meet & Greet thread! The goal of this post is to encourage discussion among not only the more seasoned members, but to also bring some of the lurkers out of the shadows and give them a place to break the ice. We will also be featuring some threads that you may have missed over the past week and attempt to revive old threads. All threads listed here were nominated by members of the community. If you see any threads that you feel should be featured in next week's Meet & Greet or have ideas for fun questions, please PM them to Naitre or AnimeKid!

Community Thread Spotlight:

For Discussion:

Help rate these teams / Leave a comment on these Team Reports:

Trading threads:

Be sure to stop by the full Trading Section, there's always new members with new requests, so if you can help out then that's fantastic!!

Useful Resources:

Don't forget to check out our community twitch account: VGC2015Forum!

Share with us:
  • What's your favourite Shiny pokemon? Or what pokemon do you think could do with a full recolor?
  • If you could have one pokemon to help you with your daily life, what would it be?
  • What type would your gym be if you were the leader?  
  • Pokemon Go; Should the available pokemon be specific to an area type, constantly roaming, or completely random?
  • Tell us a bit about yourself: Are you a creative or logical? Active or studious? What's your bank account password? Dog person or cat person?  

Don't feel like answering any questions? Just stop by to say hello and introduce yourself! Feel free to chat and mingle with one another. Sometimes threads start somewhere and end somewhere completely different, but that's just part of the fun!

But bro, seriously, do you even lift, bro?

What's your favourite Shiny pokemon? Or what pokemon do you think could do with a full recolor?

Have to go with my boy Charizard. I pretty much like all shinies that turn black, but there are some others that I like such as Weezing, Trevenant and Politoed to name a few

If you could have one pokemon to help you with your daily life, what would it be?

Charizard. I'd get him to spit mixtapes at people I don't like, and then we'd fly away into the sunset

What type would your gym be if you were the leader?  
Dragon just so I could have an infinite number of Goomys surrounding me

Pokemon Go; Should the available pokemon be specific to an area type, constantly roaming, or completely random?

It makes sense to have them area specific since it would be like real animal habitats (so for instance you would't get ice types in hot countries), but at the same time, I'm not going to jump on a plane and fly to the Amazon rainforest to catch, like, a Caterpie or something

Tell us a bit about yourself: Are you a creative or logical? Active or studious? What's your bank account password? Dog person or cat person?

I used to be active. I used to play football (soccer) all the time, but I can't play for another 2 years. I am a dog person, but I don't hate cats either
What's your favourite Shiny pokemon? Or what pokemon do you think could do with a full recolor?
My favorite shiny Pokemon is Mega Garchomp. I mean, just look at it. IT"S PANK!!
[Image: tumblr_n8roqvuoIZ1sod7kjo1_500.jpg]

If you could have one pokemon to help you with your daily life, what would it be?
Well, I would love a Staraptor. Never mind the fact that it looks awesome, and it is very strong, I could fly. FRIGGIN FLY!

Normal type. Mega Bidoof FTW!

Pokemon Go; Should the available pokemon be specific to an area type, constantly roaming, or completely random?
I personally want it to be specific area types. I mean, you shouldn't be finding a Wailord in the dessert, nor should you be finding a Beartic in California (which is also a dessert)

Tell us a bit about yourself: Are you a creative or logical? Active or studious? What's your bank account password? Dog person or cat person?  
Well, I am creative, and logical. I am active and studious. My bank account password is ******* (just seven asterisks). I am not a big fan of cats or dogs, but I do like birds. Ducks are just so huggable! I want to pick them up and ruffle their feathers with my nose, and then stroke their very soft butt feathers. Oooh. Soft butt feathers. AND PUFFINS ARE JUST SO ROUND AND BEAKY!! BEAKY!!!!
I love shiny Aegislash, it looks so cool and black.

Rotom. Just look at it, it can do so many things! Help me with the laundry, cooking, cool down on a hot day...

This is so hard to choose. Can't I just be like Blue?

I like the idea of regional pokemon. I think it feels more real.

I'm more of a logical guy. Studious, it's hard to have a life Sad . It's a secret to everybody! Well, I like both.
Awesome job Aether Heart

[*]What's your favourite Shiny pokemon? Or what pokemon do you think could do with a full recolor?
I really like shiny pokemon such as Charizard or haxorus, they just look awesome.
[Image: 006.gif] [Image: 612.gif]
[*]If you could have one pokemon to help you with your daily life, what would it be?
Porygon-Z obviously, not only if he my favorite pokemon he can help me with computer stuff and things.
[Image: 474.gif]
[*]What type would your gym be if you were the leader?  
Normal Type Gym, alot of my favorite pokemon are normal type (like the one above)
[*]Pokemon Go; Should the available pokemon be specific to an area type, constantly roaming, or completely random?
As cool as it would be to have region based pokemon i think it should just be random, a person like me doesnt have the means of traveling the world to get these pokemon, and you know the pokemon who do have they would be like "Magikarp for Groudon" if you tried to get it from trading
[*]Tell us a bit about yourself: Are you a creative or logical? Active or studious? What's your bank account password? Dog person or cat person?  
Proabably somewhere inbetween creative and logical, Studios, My password is porygonfan1337 Kappa, and i am a Dog person i currently have a Shih-Tzu ;3
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Plz dont judge M8s  KappaHD

MIne would jbe Regirock just because he seems more bulkier.

Arceus because he is literally a god. I mean who wouldnt what god to be gods owner Kappa

Steel. You come heavy or not at all.

There should be some roaming but then have some definite spots where some pokemon can be found.

I more logical then creative. I tend to be considered insane on my ideas on how to fix the world do to how uhm... disturbing they can be do to the logical reasoning behind them. On the creative side not so much, I tend to be really bad at art. Define active. Not so much studious. My bank account password is in a quantum state atm Kappa . Doge master race.
A legend fallen from grace.
Let's see, my favorite has been, and will probably always be Ninetails.... IT'S FREAKING GORGEOUS... I wish the blue tips would be extended just a slight bit more, because that'd be nice.
[Image: latest?cb=20140811232745]
However, recently my heart has been opened to Shiny Milotic, and it's probably a close second. <3
[Image: tumblr_inline_nuqo0n5Mg11tbijve_500.gif]

Let's see, one Pokemon... that would have to be a flying type... (I really hate the traffic here, it takes me 40 or so minutes to drive to school everyday, it's so annoying, and let's not even begin to talk about how bad the parking issue is at my school. If I had flying type, it'd solve both those issues...) I'd probably have to go with either Braviary or Pidgeot, after scrolling through the PokeDex these two stood out the most as ones that could actually Fly xD.
[Image: braviary.gif][Image: pidgeot.gif]

Dark, Dark, Dark, or Dark.....

[Image: umbreon.gif][Image: weavile.gif][Image: houndoom.gif][Image: hydreigon.gif][Image: greninja.gif][Image: scrafty.gif]

I personally think it'd be cool if the Pokemon were available to a specific place, but at the same time, I think as long as they don't extend too far out of that zone, they should be able to be constantly moving from place to place. Say there is supposed to be like a Butterfree in NYC Park, but it has the ability to roam as far as like the city borders. It shouldn't be impossible for people to find their Pokemon within their city, but you'll actually have to go follow it to get it.

Definitely logical, if you tell me Weavile can beat a Mega-Charizard Y after it's already Mega Evolved for a turn, the sun is out, and it's gotten a Baton Pass of various stat boosts (with no debuffs), I will most likely ignore you for a day or two. I am an Accounting Major and thus, I deal with numbers for a living, while Pokemon is not as easily determinable it is still a numbers game, and I love dealing with numbers, so I strive to do what I can with them. I wouldn't say I'm active or studious, I'm not as active as I used to be, I had surgery on my ankle a couple years ago, and I can't run much farther than a mile (can't walk much further than 10 without it starting to bother me) without it starting to kill me, after the surgery the doctor did tell me that I would notice a significant decrease in my ability to run and walk, and though it's unfortunate this did also end my Soccer/Football "career" (I just played for fun, nothing too serious). As for the studious part, I'm in college, so naturally I should be studying; however, I find none of my classes very challenging, and honestly, I'm not even learning a lot outside of stuff I learned in High School, and from other sources of me looking into things, I will say in my Accounting classes that I've taken I have learned a lot of new information, but I learn things fairly quickly and they usually stick inside my head. Finally, dog person... no ifs, ands, or buts. I like the feeling of coming home to something that when you walk inside acts like it hasn't seen you for 30 years.

Edit: Oh! I forgot to join in on the fun... My Bank Password is: "437h3rd0y0u3v3nl1f7"

Sorry for the wall of text, and HI TO EVERYONE Smile
I'm not new to this forum, but I've recently risen from the shadows. Kappa
My favorite shiny is obviously Sylveon, such cute!
Sylveon again, I would certainly need that cuteness in my life and he or she would protect me with the ribbons. (and good hugs)
I would love to have Water Gym.  
For Pokemon Go I think there should be roaming pokemons and ultimate legendaries should be available in general landmarks like the Pyramids of Giza or something like that.
I'm a bit of a mix between creative and logical, also quite active and studious since I swim 5 days a week and got into four honor classes this year. Bank account password: Confidential Kappa. And I'm more of a dog person, don't really trust cats that much, I do respect them though.
Evyii the Dragonslayer of #TeamForum

I'm back! Mostly playing LoL nowadays though. What is life, but homework and sleep.

My favorite shiny pokemon is probably greninja, he's one slick pimp in that black. But I think a lot of the original 150 and even a lot of the johto characters could use a second look. Also water types. Why are most of them just pink or purple when shiny?

Latios/latias. Oh a world where I could soar in the sky...

Could there be a status gym? The paraflynch gym?

I hope that there are a variety of pokemon everywhere. I don't want to have to travel more than a few miles just to play a phone game.

I am a creative person that life has forced to be logical. I have cats but they have made me like dogs better. I love them but they are selfish jackwagons.

My bank account password is: A SECRET
Probably Metagross, although shiny Ninetails is so beautiful...

Ditto is probably cheating... I choose Bulbasaur

Bug. They need some love, plus Heracross is a beast.

Regional, but maybe they could change every few months? Make some pokémon regional and some roaming... Will you be able to trade via internet?

Cats aaaall the way