Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Week 20 Meet & Greet - Come and Take a Seat!
Video 
[Image: ireneyleejpg-653008_765w.jpg]

Welcome to the nineteenth edition of Pokemon Forever’s trying very hard to be weekly Meet & Greet thread! Come take a seat and relax! The goal of this post is to encourage discussion among not only the more seasoned members, but to also bring some of the lurkers out of the shadows and give them a place to break the ice. We will also be featuring some threads that you may have missed since the last installment. If you see any threads that you feel should be featured in next week's Meet & Greet or have ideas for fun questions, please PM them to @naitre, @ChaseInfinity, @Eckley, or @"squeab".

If you'd like to host a Meet & Greet in the future, please PM @naitre, @ChaseInfinity, @Eckley, or @"squeab" !

[Image: tumblr_notz0hzRSA1svy95mo1_540.gif]

Community Thread Spotlight:
  • What is your favorite pokemon generation? Tell us here!
  • Ok, there are a lot of giveaways going on right now. Make sure to hop on over to the Giveaway forums and see if anything interests you.
  • Squeab, Elly, and Naitre put together some threads to discuss different Smogon tiers! There are too many to link individually, so here's a link to the Competitive forums!
  • @Black117 wrote an EXCELLENT guide on Speed Control. If you've ever thought about getting into VGC, you should absolutely read this.
  • @Marcusube posted a really good intro to competitive. Go share your tips if you have any!
  • @Elly and others are making Pokemon cores for competitive Pokemon, learn more here!
  • The first three episodes of Pokemon Generations are out! Talk about them here!
  • A new Pokemon sun and moon trailer was just released (as of 9/20/16) View it here!

For movesets, look here! Help us kick off the VGC 17 season by contributing your own today!

Be sure to stop by the Trading Forum. It's constantly active with new members and new requests! We also have a separate forum just for giveaways here! Please remember to +1/rate members for completing successful trades if you choose to participate!

Useful Resources:

Share with us
  • Now that we're closing in on the release of Pokemon Sun and Moon, which version will you play first? Which starter will you choose? What new feature are you most excited for?
  • What evil organization would you join? Rocket? Aqua? Magma? Galactic? Plasma? Flare? Skull?
  • If possible, what Pokemon region would you visit? Kanto? Johto? Hoenn? Sinnoh? Unova? Kalos? Alola?
  • Would you like fries with that?
  • Let's turn the tables - tag a forum user using @ and ask them a question!

Don't feel like answering any questions? Just stop by to say hello and introduce yourself! Feel free to chat and mingle with one another. Sometimes threads start somewhere and end somewhere completely different, but that's just part of the fun!
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Now that we're closing in on the release of Pokemon Sun and Moon, which version will you play first?
Pokemon Sun!!! Love Solagaleo and pkmn Sun's varient of Lycanroc!

Which starter will you choose? What new feature are you most excited for?
Either Popplio or Rowlet, if their evolutions are 100% confirmed. AND RIDING POKEMONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN AND ISLAND VARIENTS!!!

What evil organization would you join? Rocket? Aqua? Magma? Galactic? Plasma? Flare?
Probably team Plasma, just like the name :0

If possible, what Pokemon region would you visit? Kanto? Johto? Hoenn? Sinnoh? Unova? Kalos? Alola?
KALOSSSSSSS, but I'd visit Alola on vacation ( 。 ˇ∀ˇ人)

Would you like fries with that?
When would I NOT???!?!??! (◉‿◉✿)

Let's turn the tables - tag a forum user using @ and ask them a question!
Hmmmm, @Eugenio, what's your favorite legendary?
Found a shiny? Talk about it here!!
Now that we're closing in on the release of Pokemon Sun and Moon, which version will you play first? Which starter will you choose? What new feature are you most excited for?

Im defiently gonna play Pokemon Moon. I cant decide really which starter. The newest feature im excited about is Z-moves ecspecially Eevee's new Z-move. Practically died when i saw it <3

What evil organization would you join? Rocket? Aqua? Magma? Galactic? Plasma? Flare? Skull?

Do you even have to ask? Obviously team Skull phh.

If possible, what Pokemon region would you visit? Kanto? Johto? Hoenn? Sinnoh? Unova? Kalos? Alola?

Defiently Kalos <3

What kind of question is that? Of course i would!

Let's turn the tables - tag a forum user using @ and ask them a question!

Im actually fresh out of questions so @ChaseInfinity hi!
Money cannot buy happiness, but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than a bicycle.

Previously Known as MistressGlaceon

uwu i can hacku
@"MistressGlaceon" Sup.
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Now that we're closing in on the release of Pokemon Sun and Moon, which version will you play first?
I'll be playing Pokemon Sun come November.

Rowlet will be my starter for the Alola Region, the second time I'll be choosing the grass-starter (the other being Chikorita). Since I haven't played either X or Y, the Trainer Customization is one feature I'm excited for.

What evil organization would you join? Rocket? Aqua? Magma? Galactic? Plasma? Flare? Skull?
Team Galactic. I can relate to their goal of wanting to recreate the entire universe.

Without a doubt, Hoenn and Alola; I guess you can say I have a thing for islands.

Sí.

@Confide, Suiciune is my favorite legendary.
@"Vinnie050", what's your preferred method of finding Shiny Pokemon?
Now that we're closing in on the release of Pokemon Sun and Moon, which version will you play first? Which starter will you choose? What new feature are you most excited for?
Moon, Popplio cause he's the only good one, the feature to breed more Popplios.
SKULL, IT'S YA BOI GUZMA
Hoenn, cause it's the best one
where is they from
@naitre what are they holding against you so you stay?
@Justin where are you holding my family, I DEMAND ANSWERS
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
(Sep 24, 2016, 01:17 PM)ChaseInfinity Wrote:

• The first two episodes of Pokemon Generations are out! Talk about them here!
Episode 3 is up as well! It's in the thread! Check it out everyone!

I already have Sun on pre-order. I know I know, it's dumb to pre-order, but I got excited and I don't want to wait in line. Psyched for Lycanroc's Midday form!

I'm going for Litten without a doubt. He's cute and at this point that's about all I need. Of course they're each pretty nifty. I'm interested in what the Z-Moves are all about although it looks like they're re-working HMs into the riding Pokemon, that seems really rad.

What evil organization would you join? Rocket? Aqua? Magma? Galactic? Plasma? Flare?
I semi-answered this question before and I'm still sort of shaky on my stance. But let's go with team Skull for now.

Alola seems like an awesome vacation spot, but I don't know anything about it really so I'd want to visit Johto. It's a really complete region and it connects to Kanto so I'm gonna assume that means I get two-for-one. 

Animal style please, and a chocolate shake.

@moo311 I'm hoping (for your sake) that you will take some time off from giveaways once the new game drops, what are you going to do with all the time you'll save? Will you miss the time wasted spent digging through the GTS?
Can you h*ck me a Ditto?
Definitely Pokemon Moon!!!! Bats are my favorite animal, so I'm super psyched about a legendary one!!

Which starter will you choose? To be honest, I'm not entirely sure just yet. Before the credible leaks of the final evolution, I really wanted Litten to be my starter.. but to be honest, I'm probably choosing Rowlet actually Popplio but don't let @naitre and @"Elly" know shhhhhh! Cause you know, I have played every other starter bird out there

What new feature are you most excited for?
PULVERIZING PANKCAKE!!!! but for a more serious answer, I'm really looking forward to ACTUALLY grooming my Pokemon. ~Squee~

Dude, I kid you not, a few years ago I roleplayed Pokemon and I played the member of an evil team called Team Skull. Skulls are awesome anyways (my favorite Pokemon wears a skull DUH) So of course I'm the ultimate Team Skull FANGIRL!!! Where do I sign up?

No Alola love for this question!! My first pick is Hoenn. It was the first game I ever really fell in love with and the remakes were beautiful! I'll take a Bungalow in Fortree please!!

That depends, will @"Squeab" feed them to me? :D

@"MistressGlaceon" How are you today? What's your favorite Pokemon besides Glaceon? :D <3
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
I will probably play Sun first and then later get Moon for the other stuff and then hopefully trade it over. 

New Feature? 
One word = Alolan  Angel

I usually pick the fire type so I will probably go with Litten. Rowlet looks cool though. 

I would join Plasma just because they had awesome music.  Rolleyes

I would like to visit Hoenn. It just seems a really nice place. There are also very diverse areas, volcanoes, islands, seas etc. 

:D

I don't know many people. 

@LWiki Fav typing? 
@Hatonacat What is your fav legendary?
  • Now that we're closing in on the release of Pokemon Sun and Moon, which version will you play first? Which starter will you choose? What new feature are you most excited for?
    • Probably Sun w/ Litten. The new features are pretty lame to me, but at least Pikachu's Z-Move is funny. Oh, and whatever the heckums those Ultra Beasts are supposed to be
  • What evil organization would you join? Rocket? Aqua? Magma? Galactic? Plasma? Flare? Skull?
    • Galactic, because Cyrus was right - this world is lame, I want a better one - I want to make a better one
  • If possible, what Pokemon region would you visit? Kanto? Johto? Hoenn? Sinnoh? Unova? Kalos? Alola?
    • S i n n o h
  • Would you like fries with that?
    • Yeah b gimme dem f r i e s
  • Let's turn the tables - tag a forum user using @ and ask them a question!
    • Alright! Hey @"MistressGlaceon", what do you find most interesting about our universe?

And a question for all who come around to find it: what is your favorite programming language and why?
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to